CUARENTA Y SIETE • 47

Joel's POV

"Babe!" I called out trying to find Dilara. I walked through the garden and finally I saw her sitting on one of the big swings.

"Hey," I said to her softly and sat down next to her. She chuckled. "I seem childish, don't I?" she asked.

"Well, I mean, it's not really your fault. We just lost our baby, and now our best friend and your brother is expecting a baby. But at the same time you can't blame them either," I tried to reason with her.

"Yeah, I know. But it hurts knowing she's getting a shot at being a mother and I lost mine," she said through gritted teeth.

"Well I'm the father of her baby but you seem mad at only her," we heard Erick's voice come from behind. "I lost my goddamn baby I'm mad at the universe," Dilara said getting more annoyed than she already is.

"Of course you are. But I'm your brother. Can't you be happy for me and your best friend?" Erick said his voice raising and I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

"What do you want me to do? Act like I'm happy? Put a fake smile on and fake my happiness for the possibly the millionth time in my life?" Dilara yelled as she stood up and faced him.

"You-," Erick clenched his jaw. "You should be grateful I'm in a fucking wheelchair and I can't do anything to you!" he spat.

Dilara chuckled. "You've changed. You're fucking cold hearted. Your daughter died barely a week ago and I haven't seen you shed a single tear! Something is making you heartless and I don't know what the fuck it is, but I hate it! This isn't you, this is not who you are, this is not who my sister is!" he yelled looking her straight in the eye.

I stood up and opened my mouth to say something but the others came outside and Evaluna put a finger to her mouth, signaling me to keep it shut.

"Yeah, well you're a useless excuse of a brother!" she yelled back. "Oh, so I'm the useless brother?" Erick spat back.

"You never noticed anything when I was with Anthony! I was being abused, fucking abused! And you did nothing about it, joder!" Dilara yelled louder.

"I did do something about it! Dilara I got you out of the relationship once I found out about what was going on! If I didn't step in you would've never left him and you'd probably be dead by now!" he yelled slamming his hand on the armrests of the wheelchair.

"You're the one that's being an irresponsible and useless piece of crap!" he added.

"Oh me?" she asked pointing to herself. "If it weren't for me you wouldn't have ever met the girl you decided to get engaged to and plant a baby in! If it weren't for me you would still be hopping here and there from one hoe to another-" just like that his hand collided with her cheek.

His face instantly flooded with guilt. Our friends let out soft gasps. Dilara held her left cheek and stared Erick down. She swatted my hand off of her shoulder before running off to her car and driving away.

"I fucked up," Erick mumbled under his breath. "She was provoking you, it wasn't exactly your fault," I told him. "He's right," Adriana said as they all walked over to us.

Dilara's POV

I drove away from the Montaners' house. I didn't know where to go, so I just drove somewhere I knew I'd always be welcomed with open arms.

I stood at her doorstep, pressing the doorbell. She opened the door and my eyes started watering instantly.

"Mama," my voice cracked and I instantly ran into her arms. She rubbed my back soothingly, hushing me slowly.

"Let's go inside, okay?" she said and brought me inside where I told her everything and poured my heart out to her.

"He's quite right. This is the first time I've seen you cry since the day you found out she died. I know it hurts to cry a river but it helps. You let everything out by crying. You lost your daughter, your first one, and you've been keeping a brave face on for too long. If you would've just let it all out sooner, all of this wouldn't have happened," she said.

"You'd be less upset about Adri's pregnancy, you'd be happy for her instead. You're gonna be there for her, every step of the way just as she was for you," she added.

"Go back there, fix things. He's your brother and you guys have literally been inseparable. I don't think you'd want to not be on speaking terms with him for too long," she continued.

I wiped my tears away and recollected myself. "Come with me?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded.

••••

Joel's POV

We were all just sitting in the Montaners' living room. "What if she doesn't come back?" Erick blurted out, clearly still worried about the effect of his actions.

"She will come back. Just like you said, she'll come around, she always does," Adriana tried to convince.

"I slapped my own sister after swearing I'd never lay a finger on her. I broke my promise," Erick muttered.

"Man, you lost control. That doesn't happen all the time. She's your sister, you can't avoid each other for too long," Zabdiel said to him.

Just about then we heard the front door open. Dilara made her way through the living room and towards Adriana. She pulled her up and immediately embraced Adriana in a hug. Dilara's mom stood behind the couch I was sitting on and I got up to greet her.

Adriana was taken aback slightly but hugged her back tightly. "I've been an ass. I'm sorry," Dilara sniffled. "Hey, its fine, I get it. It's not easy for you and it's okay," Adriana comforted her.

They pulled away from each other and Dilara kneeled down in front Erick in his wheelchair.

"Hermano, perdoname," she started. "No no, perdoname," he said as he held her hands. "I said a lot of things and I really didn't mean it. I just, I wasn't in the right mind. Lo siento," she apologized to him.

"Me too, I shouldn't have slapped you, I'm sorry. I lost control, I swear it won't happen again," he said and she nodded. She got up and sat on the table in front of Adriana.

"First off, have you scheduled appointments for yourself?" she started rambling to Adriana about the pregnancy and what she should or shouldn't do. We all laughed and the rest of the day went by great.

a/n: in case you guys still didn't notice, i made an erick book but the story will only actually start launching once this book is over :)

the castings and info on the book is already published tho so yeet :D