VEINTINUEVE • 29

Dilara's POV

[quick recap]

"I'm Anthony," he said, pausing to look at me, "Your daughter's ex boyfriend," he added.

"The one that beat her up? You little shit," and with that he threw Anthony onto the ground with one punch.

I gasped. I wasn't expecting him to just immediately pounce on Anthony.

I stood there in shock still not knowing what to do. I immediately snapped out of it and tried to my father off him.

"Stop it! Hey, papa!" I yelled and grabbing his shoulders, pulling him up.

He got up and Anthony got up wiping the blood off his lips. "I deserve a warm welcome!" Anthony yelled.

"What you got is exactly what you deserve. Leave!" I kicked him out.

"I'm never coming back here again," he said walking away. "Good! Get lost!" I yelled back.

Anthony quickly walked away and was soon out of sight. I walked inside and so did my father.

"Just let me change and we can talk," I said and he nodded. I walked up to my room and locked the door.

I picked out a quick outfit and headed back downstairs within five minutes.

I sat on the couch, across from my father and looked down while I kept fiddling with my rings. "So, when are you heading back to Miami?" he asked after a moment of silence.

"Next week," I responded. "Can I come with?" he asked again. I finally looked up at him. "Maybe, we'll see. Join us for dinner tonight. At that restaurant we'd always go to," I told him and it made him smile.

"Will do," he said. I gave him a small smile. After chatting for a while, he left and my aunt and cousin came back.

"Erick was calling me telling me to check up on you. Is everything okay? Why weren't you answering any of our calls?" my aunt bombarded me with questions.

"Papa stopped by," I said calmly. My aunt literally dropped her grocery bags. "But thankfully he did tho, Anthony stopped by too," I added. My aunt gasped. "Next time Anthony stops by I will beat him up," Mateo said which made me laugh.

"Papa's joining us for dinner tonight," I told them. "Oh okay then, its about time we get ready. Oh and, tell your brother you're alright. He was worried sick," my aunt told me and I smiled and nodded. "I will," I said.

To Hermano🤪
Hi, I saw your missed calls
What's up? Everything alright?

Hermano🤪
the question is are you alright?
i was worried about you why didn't you pick up my calls?

To Hermano🤪
Yeah, papa stopped by and I'm glad he did because Anthony showed up too

Hermano🤪
QUE?

To Hermano🤪
Papa beat him up. so I'm okay :)

Hermano🤪
good. come back soon so i can take care of you

To Hermano🤪
yessir

I locked my phone and went upstairs to my room to change. I put on some light washed denim jeans, a black crop top and a denim jacket over it.

Erick's POV

"Ese puta madre showed up to Dilara!" I yelled from the kitchen and the rest of the boys who were in the living room practically screamed.

"Que?!" "How?" "What the-"

I walked to the living room and Joel immediately asked me, "Is she okay?" I nodded. "She said papa was there and he beat that bitch up," I said.

"Oh," the boys said. "Wait, papa?" Richard snapped his head towards me, looking confused. I nodded.

He ran off when me and Dilara were two years old. Never heard anything from him ever since. I was mad and sad at the same time, especially when I started understanding things.

Even up to our 15th birthday, Dilara still cried herself to sleep, wishing papa was there to celebrate with us. It hurt me seeing my twin sister like that, but there wasn't much I could do but be there with her always. And that was why me and Dilara are super close, and why I'm so protective over her.

"Well, maybe he's tryna make up for lost time," Chris suggested. I chuckled shaking my head, "Quite too late for that no?" I said clenching my jaw. The boys kept quiet, not knowing what to say.

They changed the topic and we ended playing video ganes till 4 in the morning.

a/n: hi! short chap for now sowwy but I've been tryna get some inspo to continue this story but its ending in a few chapters.

when this book ends what am i gonna do with my life?🥺🤧😂