CUARENTA Y TRES • 43

Evaluna's POV

It's baby Maria's funeral day. We were all at the cemetery, close friends and family. We brought Dilara out here with a doctor just in case anything happened.

It was raining, it's as if heaven knew the earth lost another angel.

Dilara sat on the wheelchair with Joel next to her. She looked dead, lifeless. Maybe because of the fact that a soul that was part of her for the past 8 months was now taken away from her, forever.

We watched as the little casket was lowered into the ground. Dilara just stared, emotionless. While Joel stood there, just as dead in the eye as his girlfriend was.

It was a big blow for them. The baby came as a surprise, and left just about the same way. They buried her fully, the tombstone had her name carved on it. "Mariana Rosalia Pimentel De Leon, our little angel born to eternal life,"

It broke my heart. I couldn't imagine going through this. And the fact this all happened because of a jealous ex boyfriend, angers me. "I'm not letting him get away with it," I muttered only for Camilo to hear.

"We'll figure something out," he whispered to me. My hand balled into a fist as I clenched my teeth in anger.

She deserved to live. She deserved to be with her loving family. She didn't deserve all of this.

Richard's POV

Our management told us that we should probably bring it to public about baby Maria. Joel and Dilara weren't in the right mind to post about it or even go through social media right now so I volunteered to do it only on our band account.

 Joel and Dilara weren't in the right mind to post about it or even go through social media right now so I volunteered to do it only on our band account

liked by evaluna and 917,562 others

cncomusic gone before even stepping foot into the outside world. you didn't get the chance to even meet your loving parents, or anyone in your family at all. we love you. fly high our little angel. R.I.P. baby Mariana Rosalia Pimentel De Leon.

view comments...

evaluna heaven gained another angel. rest easy baby maria🖤

adrirodriguez heaven's crying with us today. fly high babygirl

camilacabello the worst news i heard today. my prayers go out to all of you, especially Joel and Dilara. R.I.P.

whydontwemusic unbelievable. rest easy baby maria😔🖤

lesliegrace my heart is broken. thoughts and prayers go out to you all🖤 stay strong

christopherbvelezm didn't get the chance to be showered with love and care by her family. forever in our hearts 🖤🥀

mauyricky 🖤

manuelturizo so sorry for your loss. rest easy baby maria🙏🖤

abrahammateo sending love to all of you🖤

sofiareyes so heartbreaking🥺💔 fly high angel, stay strong guys🖤

comments limited

Dilara's POV

I laid down on my hospital bed staring at the ceiling. I felt numb. I felt nothing. I lost my baby girl that I didn't even have the chance to care for.

The image of her casket being lowered into the ground, the soil starting to completely cover her tiny casket; it all kept replaying in my head.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. But nothing came out. I couldn't even cry anymore. There was nothing left in me to break.

I turned to my side and saw Joel on the couch, fast asleep laying on his stomach. I grabbed my phone and texted Adriana to tell her to come over.

After a few minutes there was a knock on my door and Adriana's head peeked in slightly. I motioned for her to come in and she did. "Hey, what's up?" she whispered when she noticed Joel was asleep.

"I wanna get out of here," I muttered. "Not until you've gotten the doctor's permission. You need rest, Lara," she said. "Well can I at least go see Erick?" I pleaded.

She sighed. She looked over at Joel. "What if he wakes up to see you gone?" she asked. "I'll leave a note, please I just wanna see my brother," I pleaded again. Once again, she sighed but nodded.

I wrote a note and told Adriana to leave it on the small table near the couch Joel was sleeping on. She helped me onto the wheelchair slowly and pushed me to Erick's room.

She opened the door and pushed me inside, leaving me next to his bed. He was still unconscious. And I hated it. I just wanted him to wake up. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to hug him.

"Hermano, despierta, por favor. I need you right now," I whispered slowly. Usually I'd be sobbing at this point. But my eyes were pure drought.

I held his hand and gave it a soft squeeze. "I miss you," I added again. "He'll wake up soon. Everything will be alright, okay?" Adriana said softly and gave my shoulder a little squeeze.

"I wanna stay here for a while," I said. She nodded and went to sit on the chair on the opposite side of the bed. I leaned over putting my hand on top of his as I rested my chin on it.

••••

"Hey," Joel said as he entered the room. I got up slightly and turned to his direction. "Hi," I said. "The doctor wants to check on you again. We should head back to your room," he said softly and I nodded.

I turned back to Erick for a second and let Joel pull me back to my room.

Once we got there, the doctor examined me. "Have you been having headaches lately?" he asked me and I shook my head. "Sometimes but not much," I said and he nodded.

"Okay good. You're honestly quite lucky to be in this shape after the accident. Your brother is too, it could've been worse," he said looking at me. I chuckled.

"What could be worse than the death of my baby?" I said looking him straight in the eye. He looked down and I shook my head. "I'm sorry, have plenty of rest and you might be able to go back home in 2 days," he said before leaving the room.

Joel walked over to me and sat down on the chair next to my bed. "Camilo, Evaluna, Mau, Ricky, the rest of the boys and Renae already left to get some rest at home. They'll be coming again tomorrow tho," he said to me.

"You should probably go too, get some rest. You look like a mess," I said caressing his cheek. "Mi amor, I'm not leaving you alone. I might leave tomorrow when the others come but for now I'm staying right here," he said firmly.

I forced a small smile. I scooted over a little bit and patted the space next to me. He chuckled. Joel put the little grill bars down and got onto the bed next to me.

He laid down on his side facing me. I grabbed his hand and played with his fingers and rings. "We're gonna pull through, together okay?" he whispered softly. I took in a deep breath. I nodded slowly.

"I love you," I mumbled. "I love you too, mi amor," he responded. He kissed my cheek and hid his face in the crook of my neck. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we fell asleep in each other's arms.

a/n: hi hi

i woke up and took a shower and when i looked into the mirror my right eye was red and i panicked. i literally screamed for my parents and my mom made me wear sunglasses in the house.

and when my grandma saw me she was like "why you bein diva?"

and i went like "under these glasses, is monstrosity," and yeah that's a lil bit of what happened today :)