CUARENTA Y CUATRO • 44

Evaluna's POV

It was 9 am and we just arrived at the hospital. Me and Renae went to Dilara's room first while Camilo went with the rest of the boys to Erick's.

I knocked on the door softly and opened it. Me and Renae walked in and saw Joel asleep on the bed with his face hidden in the crook of her neck and his arms wrapped securely around Dilara's waist, her hands wrapped around his neck, with one of them tangled in his hair.

"Awh," Renae said softly and puckered her lips. I chuckled and smiled at the sight. "At least they've got each other," I said softly. I set my bag down on the table next to Dilara's bed.

Her eyes fluttered open slowly and she turned to look at me.

Dilara's POV

I woke up and saw Evaluna next to my bed. I heard soft snores and looked down to see Joel still fast asleep in my arms. "When did you guys get here?" I whispered, trying not to wake Joel up as I played with his hair.

"Barely 5 minutes ago," Renae whispered back. "Your parents will be here in a bit. They tried to get here sooner but they're wasn't any vacancy in any earlier flights from Havana," Evaluna told me and I nodded.

I felt Joel move slightly in my arms and his eyes fluttered open, meeting mine. He smiled softly. "Good morning," I said. "Good morning," he said in his raspy morning voice and leaned closer, pecking my lips.

"We're here too you know?" Renae said rolling her eyes. Joel chuckled. He got up slowly and climbed out the bed. "When did you get here? Where's the rest?" Joel asked the girls.

"We arrived just a couple minutes ago. The boys went to see Erick," Renae filled him in and he nodded. "Can you guys stay with Dilara for maybe an hour? I wanna go wash up at home," he asked them.

Evaluna nodded. "Sure. Just go," she told him. "I'll be back soon, mi amor," he said to me and kissed my forehead before leaving the hospital.

Camilo's POV

We walked into Erick's room to see Adriana sitting on the chair fast asleep, her head on her arm as she held Erick's hand tightly.

Christopher walked over to her and shook her softly. "Hey, wake up," he said softly. She slowly started to wake up and she sat up immediately. "Ow," she mumbled, holding her head that was probably pounding from the sudden movement.

"What time is it? How long have you guys been here?" she asked us. "We just came in. It's about 9 am," I said to her. "Oh," was all she said and she turned her attention back to Erick as she folded her arms and leaned onto the bed.

"No changes?" Richard asked her and she shook her head. "For now, no," she added. We all just had small talk seperately. I sat across from Adriana and we just talked.

I noticed some movement from Erick. "Guys," I called everyone. "What?" Zabdiel asked. Erick's hand moved slightly more. "Oh my god," Adriana gasped. "We need the doctor!" Chris ran towards the door and yelled through the hallway.

Evaluna's POV

"We need the doctor!" we heard someone scream through the hallway. "Room 516 now!" we heard a nurse yell. "Wait," Renae said. "Erick!" Dilara gasped.

"I'll go see," I told them and scrambled out of Dilara's room and over to Erick's. Camilo, Adriana and the rest of the boys were waiting outside. "What happened?" I asked them.

"There was movement. The doctor's checking him right now," Richard filled me in. "A good kind of moment or, what?" I asked again. "His hand was moving," Camilo told me.

"Hey, he's alright. He's awake but he's sensitive right now, so please don't be too loud," the doctor said when he walked out. "Can we go see him?" Adriana asked and he nodded.

She immediately went inside and we followed her from behind. "Hey, baby," she whispered as she approached Erick. "Hey," he said in a raspy voice. She cupped his face gently.

"How you feeling?" she asked softly. "It kinda hurts to breathe. Where's Dilara? How's the baby?" he asked. Adriana turned to us before turning back to Erick. "Dilara's fine. She's two rooms away. The baby, well," she stopped and turned to us for help.

"The baby didn't make it," Zabdiel said softly. "What?" Erick sighed in disbelief. "This is my fault. I promised Joel to take care of them both. I couldn't even take care of my own sister," he muttered. "Hey, hey, baby no. It's not your fault," Adriana said holding his hand.

"It really isn't. They found the identity of the driver that crashed into you guys," Richard explained to him. "Apparently he was drunk," Camilo added. "Who is it?" Erick asked. "Anthony," I said.

a/n: a short one for now :)