Part Three

Easy company were trying to move through the crowd of people in Eindhoven who had gathered to greet them Rose felt a hand land on her shoulder and Winters appear next to her "stay close Rose" he ordered and Rose nodded in reply and followed the ma closely making sure to shove past the people, Richard stopped to look through his binoculars and Rose stopped with him looking around, Rose saw a woman holding a little girl, they were both staring at her, Rose smiled at them which they returned and then she turned back to Winters, Nixon walked to the pair and said "Dick, clocks ticking" Rose saw Walsh, Richard and Nixon all pull up their colours and when asked the simple answer was "snipers" Richard began to walk and told walsh "we got to get to those bridges" Winters carried on walking but turned to see if Rose was still following him but stopped when he saw she was staring at something. Rose was staring at a crowd of people chanting something she didn't understand, women were shoved in the centre their clothes torn of their bodies and their hair cut, blood rushing down their faces from the abuse they were enduring. It was horrible.

Richard, Welsh and Buck were all staring along with Rose at the abuse the women had to endure when Welsh asked "what did they do?" Rose whipped around when she heard an unfamiliar voice answer "they slept with the germans" Rose felt a lonely tear run down her cheek as she stared at the man "did they say yes?" she asked she was met with silence and she was about to walk away when she heard the cries of a baby. Richard and Harry watched as the female medic walked over and bend down to the baby who had been laid of the floor.

Rose bent down to the child who was crying, a women in the circle who was crying and trying to get to the baby, Rose picked and began to gently rock it side to side and shushing it "its ok" she whispered "your gonna be ok" the baby was most likely a couple months old and it angered rose to see it on its own wrapped in nothing but a blanket. Rose felt a presence next to her as a women walked towards her sobbing, she was fully dressed and had an aging face "my daughter" she said while pointing to the women who had stopped trying to get to the baby after seeing Rose grab her, Rose looked towards the women with questioning eyes, the medic received a nod to the older women in reply and that was all Rose because she gently handed the baby, who had stopped crying over to the women. The women began to walk away but rose stopped her and pulled out some rations she had in her bag "here, you need them more than i do" the mother began to thank her in broken english as she walked away and disappeared into the crowd. Rose looked back at the circle to see the abused women smiling at her in thanks before she was pulled up and moved out of the circle.

Rose felt another tear fall down her cheek as Buck came up behind her "hey" he said but could not say anymore as Rose spun around and wrapped the man in a hug and began to cry quietly into his chest. Buck tightened his arms slightly and looked towards Welsh who looked concerned at the medic and then Buck slowly began to move with Rose in his arms away from the crowd.