Part Three

Rose had gotten dressed into her new clean uniform and headed inside with Martin who was in search of Luz who was counting supplies. Rose smiled at Luz and walked around him to get to a box of medical supplies which she opened and began to look through, Martin sat on a seat on the other side of the table and began to annoy Luz asking for a Hershey bar. "god damn it Johnny, your breaking my heart" Luz said as he counted the Hershey Bars, Rose smiled and turned on her heels she placed the box of counted medical supplies on the ground and then grabbed another one "come on George just give me some bars" Luz rolled his eyes and grabbed a packet of juicy fruit which he had already counted and placed it in front of the man "here you happy?" Martin looked at Luz and then grabbed the packet of candy and placed it in his pocket. Rose placed the second box of counted medical supplies on top of the first and then leaned against the counter next to Lux as Vest walked in "just got a report of movement, 1st sergeant Lipton wants you to lay a few bazooker rounds into a house across the river" Rose moved out of the way so he could walk past as Cobb started to bug Luz for some candy "come on Luz, your 1st platoon at heart" George sighed in annoyance before answering "there's not enough" but was cut off by Liebgott shouting "hershey bars!" Rose held back a laugh as she watched Luz's face, all it showed was pure annoyance. Web and Jones followed Liebgott in and Rose watched as the scene unfolded "who are they for?" Joe asked and Luz pulled the chocolate bar's back knowing that he would try and reach for one "not for you" he answered "there's not enough to go around" Rose looked down and counted the bars and then went into her mind trying to figure out if there was any way the chocolate could be shared out equally to all of easy company. "hey pig mouth, give the kid a hershey bar" Rose looked towards the new voice to see that it was Frank Perconte, Rose smiled towards him as Martin walked over and Joe began to complain about the fact Luz gave Frank a Hershey bar "he got shot in the arse", Rose looked down at the ground as Frank was told about the patrol, Luz turned around and grabbed a box "here web, i need you to run these to OP2 for me, for the patrol" Vest leaned closer to the group "did you hear what happened on D-company's patrol last night?" he asked "replacement lieutenant blew his foot off, fresh in from west point" Luz turned to Jone "maybe he was a friend of yours lieutenant?" but soon turned to Cobb "hey Cobb, the kids just trying to do his job alright?" but Luz was fed up "to hell with it, i gotta go blast this house" as soon as the bars were dropped onto the table the easy company men became vultures, swooping in and picking what they wanted, "hey!" Rose shouted which caused everyone to look towards her, Web, Luz, Jones and Vest had left the room "put the bars down!" she ordered, once all the boys were reluctantly put back "now we can share them out equally but the bars have to be snapped into three, now can i trust you all to do that or do i need to supervise" she received nods in return, Rose bent down and grabbed the boxes and began to walk out of the room "i need to go find Geney but make sure everyone gets a piece" and with that she walked out of the room leaving the men to fulfil her orders.

It was time for the patrol meeting and Rose was late, she made her way with a fully packed bag down the stairs to the meeting place and when she rounded the corner she heard Jones voice "ten hut!" and when she walked in everyone had stood slowly and she looked around questionably but when she looked at Jones his face had turned red with embarrassment, "i knew you all loved me but i didn't know you loved me so much as to give me a standing ovation when i walk into a room" she joked which caused the men around her to laugh slightly, Rose was about to sit down when Winters and Martin walked through the door "gentlemen and lady" winters started looking around at the chosen men "as you can see we've assembled sixteen of you here for this snatch tonight at 0100, just a couple of points... we've secured four rubber boats to get you across the river, lieutenant jones here is the ranking officer and he's be along with an observer, Sergeant Martin here will lead the patrol in sergeant Malarkey's place" Rose smiled down at the ground knowing that her friend was going to be able to get some rest "the whole battalion will be covering your withdrawal, we hear these whistles we open up so don't blow 'em until you're back in your boats with the prisoners" Martin took the whistles and looked towards Winters "and if the house turns out to be empty sir?" Winters looked around before answering "it won't but if any case we know its an outpost so we want it destroyed so you will have to lay some demo on a time delay, you'll have to move fast and carefully, put a perimeter on the house and once that's in place get your assault team in quick" Winters looked towards Martin who through a questioning look Rose's way "Rose is coming across with you put she will wait at the bank, remember this is about prisoners don't pop the first thing that moves... clear?" Rose began to zone out of the conversation taking place around her as she stared at the wall in front of her and she was pulled out of her thoughts when Winters and Marin left the room.

Rose walked out of the room and past the group of officers talking about the patrol, none of them noticed that she was walking past and Rose overheard some of the conversation "Martin, let the men know that they are not to shout medic, i want Rose to stay at that bank, i don't want her getting hurt, if it was up to me she wouldnt even be going but Sink thinks its necessary..." Rose smiled and carried on walking.