Part Four

When the sun came up easy company moved out, most sitting on top of the tanks while some walked next to them, Rose sat in front of Bull with her legs criss crossed in front of her but she was quiet as she thought about the women in the town. Rose looked up and saw a woman holding a baby, her hair was shaved and she wore an old brown cloth, Rose sighed before rooting in her bag and jumping down from the tank "Tiny" she heard Bull say from behind her but she ignored it as she walked over and handed the women the rations she had in her bag and smiled. Rose began to walk away but was pulled back the woman said "dank u dank u, wat is uw naam?" Rose shook her head and the women realized that she could understand her "name?" she asked pointing at her Rose smiled "Rosaline" she stated before walking away to catch up with the tank she had been sat on. The women smiled down at her daughter and gently rocked her before stating her name under her breath "Rosaline Mila"

Easy company carried on with Rose walking next to the tank thinking, Rose was pulled out of her thoughts when Bull shouted "lieutenant!" a loud shot rang out and the lieutenant collapsed to the ground and both Bull and Rose rushed to him, blood was pouring from the bullet wound in his neck "keep pressure" Rose ordered Bull soon Rose was joined by Spina another medic and Rose turned to Bull "go! we've got this" Rose felt the familiar feeling of adrenaline as she began to work.

Rose began to move forward behind the rest of easy company, it was quiet and apart from the occasional footsteps nothing could be heard. The tanks moved forward behind the company and Rose found herself crouched next to Martin who told her to stay put as he moved to tell the tanks about the German tank hidden behind the building. The kraut tank began to move to aim towards the tanks that were moving forward. "fall back" was shouted which caused Rose to start to move but shrapnel from the explosion of the tank pushed her backwards and into a building. Her head hit the wall very hard and her vision began to blare as she stumbled to stand but found herself on her hands and knees, blood dripping down her face, Rose looked down as she felt pain in her stomach and saw a bullet wound seeping with blood she took a deep breath and began to move but she collapsed before she could move anymore.