Chapter 1: "Gotta run!"

Yoongi quickly shoved his papers in his school bag, and grabbed his phone. 5:52. 'Crap!'  He yelled at himself internally. He still had yet to take a shower, make sure his homework was completed, and finish his chore's from the night before. Before 6:20 exactly. He solved his shower problem by quickly putting on some deodorant and a hoodie, to cover his messy, uncombed hair. He scammed through his backpack, counting the packets quickly. He hoped and prayed they were completed. Although he was in a desperate hurry, he slowly and carefully crept down the stairs, not wanting to disturb his parents. 

They'd be up at 6:00; 5 minutes from now. The alcohol would kick in at 6:15, and they'd notice his exsistance at 6:20. Normally. Sometimes, it was earlier. Which is why he always left at 6:05. The latest he left, was 6:45 once, and quickly learned to never do it again. Now that his chore's weren't completely done from last night, he wouldn't be able to leave until 6:15. If he did them as fast as he could, without stopping. Multitasking was a skill he had, but he wasn't an expert at it. It helped him with his school life, but never seemed to help him in his home life. 

"Good morning, honey!" His mom smiled at him suddenly. He jumped slightly at her sober voice, and quickly finished drying and putting away the dishes. "Good morning, mother. I have a big project to work on with my friends, and I g- have to get to school as soon as I can." Yoongi told his mother respectfully. He couldn't cut his words, and had to speak fluently to his parents. Which meant he never said 'gotta'. It was 'have to'. He never said 'shouldn't', 'don't', or 'can't'. It was 'should not', 'do not', and 'can not'. They were rarely ever sober, but when they were, they required strict respect, and obedience. 

"Didn't you say that yesterday?" She asked him. "I did, but this project goes on all of this month. It will count for 10% of my grade, and it must be perfect." Yoongi lied. He had to come up with a new excuse every month or day, in order to get to school before 6:20 every day. "Oh. Well, make sure to finish your chores before you leave." His mother sighed as she turned and walked away. Yoongi breathed a sigh of relief once she left, but he quickly returned to his chore's. Now that his parents were up, he ran upstairs to deliver his younger sisters' laundry, his own, and refolded the bathroom towels. 

"Come on, Lisa." He quickly shook his sister awake. "Get up, quick. It's 6:20." He told her frantically. "What? My alarm didn't- oh. Dad burned it last night." She sighed. "Get dressed, and I'll get you to school quickly." He told his sister as he left. Yoongi almost ran into his father, running to grab his sister some type of breakfast before they left.  "What were you doing in your sisters room, Yoongs?" His father questioned him. "I am sorry, father. I was making sure Lisa was awake, and getting ready for school before I combed my hair." He responded firmly to his dad. "So you checked on your sister before taking care of yourself?" His father asked. He harshly tilted his 16-year-olds' head up, and starred him in the eyes. "No, father-" "So you lied to me?" His father interrupted him. 

Lisa heard her brother being yelled at, and she quickly slipped on her shoes. She opened her door, and closed it behind her. "Yoongi was simply checking on me, father. We are ready to go to school now. I have a book report I must finish this week." She lied. Their father shoved Yoongi back next to his sister, and walked away. "Come on." He told his sister. They both quickly ran downstairs, and Yoongi opened the door. "Good bye, mother! Good bye, father!" Lisa yelled as she ran outside. Yoongi internally screamed at his sisters' mistake, and went back to give his parent's kisses. "Good bye, mother. Good bye, father." He spoke respectfully, kissing his parents' cheeks. He turned and ran out of the house, shutting the front door behind him. 

"Lisa, you have to remember to properly say good bye to them." Yoongi told his sister, out of breath from running so far. "I knew that as soon as I left the house. I still have that mark on my shoulder from mom." His almost-15-year-old sister sighed. "We were lucky to leave at 6:23 today. You have to find some way to wake up at 5:30, because I can't keep saving you. I woke up at 5:45 this morning, and we barely made it." Yoongi sighed. "I know. I just wish I didn't have to go home after school every day." Lisa told him, looking at the concrete squares as they walked the sidewalk to school. "Don't worry. One more year of high school, and I'll buy us an apartment, and we can get away from them." He gave his sister a side-hug as they continued to walk.