21

Kegan's rage had startled all of the pack members who witnessed the yelling, including Astra who had been in the hallway and Tan who heard it from upstairs.

"What did you do that got him to be comfortable enough to yell at you?" Kai asked, spilt between being impressed and terrified.

Calix's jaw was dropped in shock at the aggressive side his timid mate had shown. "I don't think he was necessarily comfortable," he mumbled, sitting at the kitchen table. "I think he just finally reached a breaking point."

"You should go check on him," Astra chimed in, walking to the kitchen and sitting across from Calix. "He's probably panicking and thinking you're going to hurt him."

"He's gotten a bit more confidence in the last few hours."

Astra was taken aback. "How?"

"I cried in front of him."

Kai cleared her throat to pull the attention to herself. "Whether or not he gained a bit more confidence, he was terrified and then livid. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost all of the confidence and strength he felt earlier," she said, thinking back to when Kegan yelled at her.

Calix nodded, walking off to his room and knocking on the door. He knew that Kegan probably wouldn't snap at him if he barged in, but Calix didn't want to irritate the Omega further or scare him back into his silent, timid ways.

The outburst was almost enjoyable as compared to how Kegan usually was.

"Kegan?" Calix called through the door, confused when he didn't receive a response. "Are you okay, love?"

No response came, so Calix asked Zakai.

"Jade isn't responding to me," Zakai whimpered, disliking that their mate was probably upset with them. "We're not mated so I can't sense their feelings and you can't mind links Kegan."

Calix didn't want to, but he barged into the bedroom. He didn't find Kegan on the bed, and his scent was very weak in the room. Panicking, Calix did a deep search of his room before he found the window near the bed opened.

Their room was on the first floor in the pack house, so he knew it wasn't dangerous for Kegan to have climbed out the window, but he didn't understand why. Even when Kegan was stressed after meeting Calix's parents, he hadn't tried to run or escape.

"Maybe it was because he had an outburst?" Zakai asked, trying to soothe Calix's worries. "He could be worried you're going to hurt him. He hasn't had an outburst that bad since being here."

Calix shook his head. "Even though he's scared and timid, he's never tried to run away. He's faced most things head on!"

"We've only known him for a couple of weeks."

Calix didn't respond, something catching his attention. Even though only he and Kegan had been in the room for the past week, there was another scent in the room.

"Kai!" Calix yelled, using his Alpha tone to let his Beta know that there was no room for lagging or slowing down.

Kai entered the room, nearly running into Calix. "Yes, Alpha?" she asked, looking around the room for their Luna.

"What scents do you smell in here, right now?" Calix asked, stepping aside so Kai could walk around the room.

Kai took a second to identify the scents before looking back at Calix. "I smell yours and Kegan's, and something else that I can't identify," Kai said, eyes narrow as she tried to identify the other scent.

Calix began to panic, running his hands through his hair in complete stress and fear over where his Omega could be. "We need to find him!" he said, pacing the room. "Someone took him!"