05.

Jesse

"Cross you're with me." A look of confusion appears on Cross's face as he spares me a glance. The act also makes him quit his ridiculous Michael Jackson dance rendition at the presence of the V.P and who we've come to know as his best friend.

Usually the highest prospect gets to go on the runs, therefore that should be me. So first he wets me and so not the way I fancy, and now he's gonna be petty about it. Complete bullshit.

I watch Cross walk out with him and all I can do is stare. He won't even look at me while pulling this card, it's like he's a whole different person from last night.

"Dude he like just screwed you over, isn't that your run?" Frankenstein comments way after the sound of their bikes zooming away signifies their departure, His eyes search my expressionless ones to I guess see some sort of reaction from me.

"I'm not one to argue with the VP's choice." I say a little bit sarcastically before withdrawing a smoke from the packet in my pocket and lighting it up immediately. A long drag from the stick has me relaxing into the couch I'm sitting on and just staring at the puff released from my lips.

Luke walks into the lounge area moments later his eyes catch mine instantly. "Why didn't you go on the run with Bruiser and Mamba?" I wasn't picked because Cross has a nice ass.

"They thought it best that Cross go with them prez." I explain.

He looks conflicted for a second or longer before shrugging it off and speaking directly to me again. "Well Good, because I'll need you to go with Michelle to the Stocker annual fundraiser event today."

My breath catches in my throat, sweat immediately rolls on my body, just the knowledge of seeing him and being around 200ft of him makes bile rise to my mouth. I would rather a garden full of pricks and thorns than staying in the same room as him because, who am I kidding? Of course he's going to be there.

"I'm trusting you to take care of my old lady JJ." All I can do is nod to the man as he walks back the way he came.

He has hurt me time and time again. He has hurt my family to a point of destruction. He has tipped me to a point of no return, a point where all I see is rage and hatred when I lay my eyes on him. Nothing more, nothing less just pure hate and rage at his existence. How could someone be so unfeeling and uncaring to his own?

"Dude are you okay?" Frankenstein's voice manages to bring me out of my head and loathing session.

I force a reply out of my mouth to reassure him that I'm just peachy "Yeah."

As long as no one else could make the connection, or just believe that it can't be then I'm good. I hop on my motorcycle and zoom away to the central suburban section of the town where the Luke's house was located.

I rap my fists on the door again before a very beautiful woman opens it. A soft smile rests on her lips as she rests both leisurely and authoritatively against the door. Hands on hips, her long flowy braids rest on her right shoulder, ebony skin accentuates the white dress she's wearing. "I haven't seen you before, what's your name?"

"JJ" I reply simply. She closes the door only to return about a minute later. I guess she went to confirm with Luke if I was with the club or not.

"Come in JJ." I follow behind her into the spacious house. Modern gothic style interior design and some antique pieces decorate the house, natural lighting at specific areas add to the aesthetic design of the house.

"Nice house you have here ma'am."

She rolls her eyes at me before speaking "You prospects are always so formal. Call me Michelle." She takes a seat across me to put on her red stiletto heels. "And thanks for the compliment." I give her a smile in response. "What does JJ stand for?" She asks curiously as we prepare to leave for the event minutes later.