Epilogue 2.

Hunter

"So tell me, what have I missed?" Hunter asked as Jesse lit the cigarette and passed it to him. His boulder still stood at the outskirts of town and boy was he grateful for that.

"Well the democrats are in power, electric cars are becoming very common, oh and there's like this app where you can watch videos....." Hunter silently watched the rambling man, an amused smile on his face. JJ was like an excited puppy when trying to keep a secret, he was trying so hard to not blurt it out as it's supposed to be a surprise.

"Slow down babe." He chuckled slightly before passing the cigarette to JJ. "I meant you, what's going on in your life." He moved the stray piece of hair from JJ's face and tucked it behind his ear.

He noticed the hesitation in Jesse's eyes and found it imperative to assure him that they should be able to talk to each other about anything at all. "I promise to listen first and never judge."

That assurance calmed JJ down a little, he'd been bothered for far too long for answers but yet he felt like this wasn't a conversation the pair were ready for.

But he blurted it out anyway. "It's just that the way everything went down, felt a little planned? It.... I don't know what I'm trying to say Hunter but I don't know it felt off?" Hunter watched JJ struggle with how to ask the question but not knowing how to word it exactly.

Of course he knew that if someone where to figure it out, it would be Jesse or mamba. They were the only two that knew what his real capabilities were.

"It all started when I fell in love with a prospect...." He proceeded to explain everything that kept JJ in the dark about what happened. Although it really wasn't much to say but JJ listened carefully, blushing crimson red at some instances and soon the pair found themselves making out.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I changed from 3rd person to 1st person for some reason. *I'm too lazy to fix it*

"Ready?" I could see words tumbling out of JJ's mouth but my heart was beating too fast to even understand them. We were about to enter the house where everyone seemingly was waiting. I felt lost, tense, and suffocated, crawling into a hole seemed like a nice idea right now. "I'll lodge us into a hotel right now and shield us from everyone forever, if their presence displeases you in any way." A small smile appeared on my lips at the words of reassurance from JJ.

"You're too cute." I whispered before unlocking my seatbelt and staring at the house again.

I couldn't hide forever right?

I'm supposed to immerse myself back into the society somehow right? This is the way to do it then. With new found determination, I step out of the car while feeling JJ's eyes on me as he does the same. Hand in hand, we approach the house.

"They're here." I recognize Mel's voice immediately as JJ slides the key out of the keyhole and opens the door.

I land instantly on my butt when a very rapid figure runs into me and sends us both flying on the floor. I doubted he'd even remember me since he was all of four years old when I was convicted. But yet here we are with the not so little but still so excitable boy clinging to me.

It was a scary but warming feeling.

"Hey kid" I begin awkwardly while glancing at a smiling JJ to help me out here. "You remember me?"

"It's very vague but I do remember you. And of course pictures so." Laney shrugs at the end of his explanation. He remembered our late nights of eating banana bites while his dad was sleeping. "You've lost your touch bruiser, I just made you fall flat on your behind." Well jeez. Mel snickers and just one unimpressed look from me had that snicker dying down slowly.

"Welcome home brother." Mamba closes the distance between us and we do a bro hug. He plasters a kiss on my cheek and I simply roll my eyes. "Shit hasn't been the same around here without you." My best friend hadn't really changed much in the years. His long blonde hair still the same way it had always been since third grade.

"Careful now, my head could swell and burst if you keep flattering me like that." I throw back and everyone bursts into laughter. Slowly the tenseness was beginning to dissipate from me and I started relaxing into the wave of things.

"Good to see you hermano." Capitan says as he walks over and we do a bro hug too. I try to pick out what looks different about him but apart from the patch on his leather cut that said 'vice president' he really looked the same.

I guess the thought that life was going on out of the four corners of my cell and I was just stuck on a repeating loop, makes my expectations a little different from reality.

"You're alive."

"You're fat." I throw back at the pregnant Lena. Mamba knocked her up good huh. I barely see the knife making a beeline for the door as it swishes past me. Aww I'm touched, she missed me. "The hormones got you huh?"

"Big time." She sighs dramatically before waddling to the kitchen. Mamba approaches the door to get his old lady's knife out of the door. They're definitely paying for damages.

"Ugh you guys couldn't just wait?" Mel asks exasperatedly. I follow her gaze to see it on the generous mark JJ had left on my neck. "Lena, Laney and I are definitely sleeping at yours' tonight." She huffs dramatically.

"You're always welcome girlie." The pregnant one replies and I roll my eyes at the both of them.

"Good to see you son." Dickory states from the couch where he's perched on. I don't miss the face next to him, Chancellor's eyes meet mine and instantly memories come rushing back in. I feel the heat behind me and I know for a fact that it's JJ. Dickory elbows Chancellor which gets the man to release a loud yelp. "It's now or never moron." He mumbles to his bestfriend.

"He's never going to forgive me." He whispers back to Dickory.

"You know we can all hear you right?" Laney gives the two a bored look before focusing back on the game he's playing.

"Son can we talk, in private?" It's been almost ten years since Chancellor and I have had a conversation with each other.

I have no idea what it is that we were talking about or what he'd done that he needed forgiveness for. I'd killed mother and my baby brother, I needed the forgiveness.

I followed him out of the house anyways.