30.

Jesse

"You look so much like him, anyone ever tell you that?" I send a quick glance towards the man presently in my passenger seat.

His jet black hair sits unruly atop his head, bags of wrinkles around his eyes. Not nearly as menacing as he looks in the large picture that stands tall at the warehouse. Age has definitely taken a toll on him, but the muscles he was still sporting chose to say he hasn't aged a second from his days as D.S. Stocker's president.

"Who?" I had an idea who judging from the bile rising in my mouth.

"Come on boy, we both know who I'm talking about. By the way I always thought he looked like a crab." He just said I looked like.... I'm not sure if to be offended or not at Chancellor's observations. "I hope you don't go through that phase." He shudders.

Can I throw this man out the window?

It seemed the story of me and Mel's origin wasn't as secret as I thought it was then. "So you know about it huh?"

He scoffs loudly like he's offended. "I grew up in this town boy, alongside Dickory, Emma, and of course John or should I call him Mr Mayor." He chokes a little at the end of mayor. I release a small chuckle.

"Emma was always the hot chick you know?" A smile spreads over his lips although I try not to roll my eyes at him describing my mother. "She and John were so in love, shit made my eyes bleed." He shudders again.

"Anyways after high school, Dickory and I had joined the Marines. John had become college boy in one college along the east coast and Emma....." He doesn't complete the rest.

"Became a junkie?" I offer. I've made peace with my history, no need for the extra sentiments now.

"Have some respect for the dead." His deep voice scolds and I roll my eyes at him.

We were already parked at this point, although he made no move to alight from the car into his house. "Everyone had left Stocker to go pursue a better life. But all she had was a pregnancy and a selfish college boy prick as the father of the child. She was pregnant with you." Mom never told me all that.

Actually she never talked about all this at all.

"Fast forward some years later, and John brings home this college cheerleader as his wife, Emma was already on drugs at this point. But that was her ultimate tipping point ya know. Yet he still wouldn't let her go or help her get the help she needed and then your sister happened again."

"History repeating itself huh?" I snarl bitterly. Another wave of hatred pooling in my bones at the thought of the devil of a man whose blood I shared.

"I still hate him for that." He chuckles bitterly. "Her beautiful soul rest in peace. Amen." He does a quick cross sign across his head and chest like the Catholics do. "Anyways if I know anything about my son, it's that he's already waiting at yours."

It slips out of my mouth before I can control it. "You and bruiser, why aren't you close?"

Chancellor purses his lips tightly, at this close range the uncanny resemblance between the two can't be missed. The same blue eyes, but Chancellor's were dull whereas Hunter's where brighter and filled with mischief. Sometimes swirled with suspicions but not to me.

"Let's just say not all of us turned out to be good fathers like that one eh." He gestures towards Dickory who's in a deep conversation with mamba. Both their blonde hair shining golden under the sun.

He gives me a quick pat on the back before saying "Go home boy, he's waiting." He opens the door quickly and hops out towards his friend. Dickory sends a small wave towards his approaching friend.

I put my old truck in reverse and quickly make the uneventful drive home.

It's a little bit of surprise and unsurprise when I see bruiser's Harley already sitting in front.

Motherfucker already let himself in, probably picked my locks too. Gosh I love him.

My heart skips a beat at the thought but I quickly mask it and make my way inside.

"Intruding is not cool bro." I feign anger, although I think that'll only serve to turn the beast on. I do love walking so thank you very much.

He hisses playfully before walking over and following me into the kitchen. It was already mid-afternoon and I haven't even had breakfast so I needed something to calm this growls in my stomach.

"Says the man who picked my locks. Payback's a bitch JJ." I squeal when bruiser places a kiss to the back of my neck, it's ticklish. "Thanks for helping."

I turn around to drop a quick kiss on his soft lips before going back to fix some ramen for myself. "Chancellor is very uhm.. interesting."

A small frown appears on Hunter's face and I quickly smoothen it out. "Chill out babe, he's not bad at all. He helped me put some things in perspective."

His brows furrow questioningly but I quickly wrap my hand around his neck and pull him closer to me. Wanting to feel all of his hard muscle against my body.

I've missed him so much and I craved his touch. I've kept up with work, picking up extra shifts and with Laney and Mel. I've missed being held in those big muscled arms as sweet grunts of pleasures escaped the hunk of a man ramming into me.

Yet I still feel some tenseness in his body so I proceed to reassure him. "Nothing to worry about." I mumble against Hunter's lips. His worry seems to dissipate at the moment.

The beep of the microwave goes off but I can't be bothered as thick arms cage me against the counter and take everything my mouth has to offer. "Don't answer it." I mumble as the beep of his voice goes off again.

"I have to." I sigh in frustration as bruiser picks it up. I'm close enough to hear what's being said.

"Papi you need to get here pronto." An unmistaken Capitan's voice rings out.

Worry and concern floods my eyes. Hunter disconnects the call immediately and with a quick kiss to my cheek he heads out.

Everything was just going to shit.