11.

Hunter

"Is something bothering you?" Luke asks as I take another swig of the cigarette in between my fingers. What do I answer to that? Oh yeah my bestfriend and practical brother was seen talking to the ADA we all hate with passion? That would never fly with anybody as the first thing they would think of is mamba has turned snitch.

I wouldn't be a hypocrite and say that the idea didn't make a glimpse in my thoughts. Thing is I was quick to eliminate that idea because Levi isn't a fucking snitch. But that doesn't cancel the truth that he was talking to miss blondie ADA.

"Nah just wondering who's gonna win the super bowl." I lie quickly.

"It's the patriots or I'm calling bullshit." He settles on the couch next to me "Lighter?" I hand it to him and he lights up his own cigarette. "Couple of things I need to run by you." 

"Oh yeah?" I turn to face him.

He nods in response. "Declan says the coast is clear so we can resume straight delivery to the Yardie Boys and everything is back to the way it was before."

"The mole issue taken care of?"

"He assures me it is."

I nod skeptically but the Devil's Sons and the Yardie Boys have been in partnership too long to be fooling each other now. Also I wouldn't say I trust a gangster but we have mutual respect enough to not think the other is a fool, especially since it's both our behinds on the line.

"Well I guess we let Vardan know then."

"Already did, it's back to business tomorrow." And this is why Luke Winslow was the president of the Stocker chapter. "Second thing, JJ has proven himself enough so I think we should proceed with his patching vote at tomorrow's meeting."

It did happen that prospects would patch in earlier than their nine months prospecting period. I patched in after six months, same as mamba mostly because we were not new to all these. It's really not a surprise that JJ would patch in early at about 7 months and some weeks into his prospecthood.

"That's good right? I mean you've known him longer so if you think he's ready then I say we go for it."

"He is." Luke says without a shadow of a doubt and somehow I couldn't agree more. "Well I think I should be on my way." I raise an eyebrow at him in question "Date night with Michelle."

"My regards." I wave the old man on his way to his old lady.

*****************************************************************************************************

Next Day

"Yea/Nay vote to patch in JJ into Devil's Sons Stocker chapter to uphold the name of the club, sleep, eat and breathe loyalty to this club and his brothers and above all, to ride a Harley like no one else can." There's a grave silence in the room as everyone waits for Luke to begin the voting process.

To be patched in, the vote had to be unanimous to avoid any sort of external beef coming in to upend the club internally.

However, without a doubt I know this should be an easy vote. JJ has been a stand up prospect, showing up when needed, hardworking and reliable. We could also throw in sexy, seductive, nice ass, and flirty but of course everything in that last part would be for only me.

"Yea" Luke begins the vote. "Not a doubt, yea." I reply. "As soon as possible" HOD states. "Yes from me" mamba comments. "Hell yeah" replies Bobby Nitro and so continues the vote all around the room and the proxied ones too.

"With the authority vested in me...." Luke begins pausing and keeping the suspense in the air like we don't all know the outcome of the vote. "I declare JJ a member of Devil's Sons Stocker chapter."

"...to uphold the name of the club, sleep, eat and breathe loyalty to this club and his brothers and above all, to ride a Harley like no one else can." We all yell in completion of the patch in code. "Bring him in!" Someone yells and we all cheer in agreement.

I watch the door open and Ryker ushers in the nervous standing JJ into the meeting room. I can tell he's nervous simply by how his shoulders are hunched and chin tucked, his eyes glazed over and staring directly at me. I give nothing away, my usual poker face on display which makes him more visibly tensed. I don't understand why he's worried he wouldn't patch in.

"Front and center JJ." HOD commands gruffly and JJ walks briskly to the front of the room, a tense silence surrounding us. I have the new leather cut jacket in my hand, Luke has a pouch containing a gun and a pocket knife standard for a Devil's son and HOD has the D.S. ring. All items are ready to be donned on the not so prospect anymore.

"JJ I want you to know that being a Devil's Son isn't easy, I mean is sure as hell ain't a walk in the park right y'all?" Noises of agreement go around the room, I watch JJ visibly swallow. "That being said, we've decided that...."

"..... you made it motherfucker." HOD completes with a scream like that of a Klingon warrior and the rest of us burst into a fit of laughter. Ahh that bit never gets old. Bustles and cheers encompass the room as members start hitting the table or whooing in celebration.

HOD walks up to JJ and raises his right hand and slips the ring on. Every son wore this ring no matter the chapter or state, it was our primary means of identification. I walk up to him next and gently slip on the leather cut onto his lean muscular body. Luke walks up to JJ last and slips the knife into the inner tresses of his leather cut and holsters the hand weapon into his belt attachment.

For the final part of the patching in ceremony. "I now declare you a Devil's son to uphold the name of the club..... and ride a Harley like no one else can." Luke repeats and we all get ready for the fun part. Without seeing it coming, Luke punches JJ square in the arm and as such all of us rush forward and begin to punch him anywhere in the torso or upper limbs area. The idea was not to hurt at all but the idea of bouncing him into the club.

"Ouch fuck." JJ yells as he runs out of the room shielding his body from the onslaught of hits. Laughter engulfs me as I continue my video of the unfiltered comedy, and I would be holding onto that for a long time.

"No fair I didn't get to punch you." Bobby nitro yells after JJ.

"Too late Bobby." The running man replies, glaring at the room full of laughing idiots. He focuses the glare at me although he looks more like an angry puppy, I wink at him and he rolls his eyes playfully at me.

"Come on let's go celebrate, JJ you're buying." He furrows his eyebrows at mamba who just spoke "it's tradition man, I'm just the messenger." Mamba raises his hands in surrender.

"Come on then." JJ gives in and with a whoop we all rush out of the warehouse onto our motorcycles. We get into formation and begin the ride to Dove's for the celebrations to begin fully.