09.

Hunter

"I got a call from O'Reilly earlier this morning, asking for protection." Confusion was written over everyone's face in the closed room. Fortunately I was privy to the news that Luke was about to break to the club. "Says the feds are onto D.S. Brooklyn so they need to lay low for a while, hence the protection from Stocker." Murmurs envelope the room.

"So if the feds are onto them and we help out, isn't that like bringing trouble into our territory. The last time didn't end up well for us, just saying." Capitan states as a matter of fact and I couldn't agree more.

I'd already told Luke earlier that I wasn't a fan of this plan but "we can't leave our brothers hanging bruiser." He said, in those exact words.

"I know everyone is on the edge about this but the D.S. Brooklyn have always been there for us and now they need us, we shouldn't turn our backs on them." Luke explains, his eyes circling around the room as if pleading to everyone of us.

"It's kind of hard to ignore the fact that the feds are up their ass prez." Capitan counters again.

"Okay let's take a vote. Yea/nay to protection for D.S. Brooklyn." In the order voting begins.

"Yea" Luke's loud voice booms.

"Nay for me." I state. A 'Yea' from HOD is countered by a 'nay' from mamba. 'Yea' from Ryker, 'yea' from Bobby Nitro 'Nay' from Capitan and added to all proxied votes. We ended up with 15 yea and 9 nay.

"Vote passes." Luke bangs the gavel and the shuffling begins as everyone begins to disperse, quiet murmurs ensue.

"You have a bad feeling about this." Levi mumbles behind me. I'm rested against the wall outside the warehouse for some well needed sunlight, the view is very well appreciated though. The prospects are loading up some 'furniture' from the warehouse into the truck. The white shirt clings to JJ's body, sweat making his mahogany hair damp and lean body on display through the tight upper body clothing. I shamelessly ogle him and I know he doesn't miss the appreciation as he passes by with a sly smile on his lips. I think he loves the chase more than he cares to admit, and I never back off till I get what I want. Right now, it's all about the patient dog's reward. I shoot him a wink in return.

Hopefully mamba didn't notice all that ogling session"Why d'you say that?"

He lights up a cigarette before settling next to me, resting against the wall with our shoulders touching. "You hardly ever vote different from Luke." He takes a puff and passes the cigarette to me which I gratefully accept.

"I think Brooklyn is a long way from Stocker is all. Why did you vote no?" I pass the cigarette back to him.

"When you worry, I worry too. Plus I can't go back to jail Hunter."

"Nothing to worry about, you're not going back to jail I promise." Ocean blue eyes stare at me as if holding onto every word I was saying. He passes the cigarette back and I take a swig of the stick, resting back against the wall while enjoying my view.

"Chancellor was at my pops house yesterday." I ignore the words of my childhood friend's mouth. The club never knew what had happened to the former president's old lady. The only news that had been released was that she'd died of complications but not how or the causal factor. No one knew the true story of mom's death only me and Chancellor who is the former D.S. Stocker president aka my father.

My mom was the glue that held the family together, me and my dad having close to nothing in common. His commitments to the club had taken most of his time, mom had been a sidepiece but she had no problems with that. Our none existing bond had practically shattered after everything happened.