33.

Hunter

Upon reaching home to take a quick shower before heading to the club, I realize I forgot my phone at home before heading to JJ's.

18 missed calls from mamba, must be serious to leave double digits amount of missed calls. I dial him back but he doesn't pick up so I head to the bathroom to go shower.

It's probably nothing.

Shower done and presently dressed in a black shirt and black pants-my usual attire, I don on my leather cut and head out. The sun is rising and it was going to be a hot day literally, the forecast says so. With temperatures up to 92 degrees Fahrenheit talk about a hot day sauna.

I climb onto my beautiful lady of steel and don on my helmet and shades. I make my way to the warehouse, enjoying the sweet smell of the various cafés baking pastries and making coffee, the smell of goodness.

I reach the warehouse a little before 8 and almost all the guys are already present minus Capitan and mamba. I haven't gotten around to calling him again.

"Let's begin shall we?" Luke announces and of course there's no qualms with that.

Halfway through the meeting, mamba eventually arrives bursting in like judgement day. Rushing to his seat next to me and seemingly out of breath.

"We need to talk." He whispers in my ear. Surely if I wasn't taking it serious before, whatever it was piqued my interest now.

"...So bruiser and mamba weapons run, Bobby Nitro, Ryker, and H.O.D would run the remaining coke we have in reserves to Los Santos. Myself and O'Reilly would go talk to 'el muerto' on this cartel takedown issue." Mamba scoffs loudly and all eyes turn to him including mine.

We stand outside waiting as the prospects loaded the "furniture" into the truck for delivery.

A cigarette in hand as I watch them organize the sofas quickly into the back of the automobile.

"Son of a bitch." I follow mamba's line of sight to see who he's cursing at but it's a group of guys standing there, I'm not sure who.

"Are you gonna tell me who pissed your panties and didn't wash them?" I ask while stomping the stick since the prospects were done with the loading.

I was ready to get this over with.

"Let's get outta here first." I happily oblige as Cross gets into the drivers seat of the truck, mamba and I settling on our motorcycles.

We're halfway through our journey and it's time for a refill so we stop at a gas station.

Mamba gestures me to follow him which I do and we walk a little further from Cross' hearing range before he begins the news that'll change everything.

"I hacked ADA Cox's emails yesterday." Oh shit.

I give him the look, the same one I gave him when he hacked Ms Rivers phone back in 9th grade and found out she was cheating on her husband..... with his brother. "Just listen bro."

"I hacked her email trying to scoop up some dirt on her, maybe to blackmail her to throw her off Dickory and Chancellor but I found something entirely different." My eyebrows lift on their own accord in anticipation of whatever news this is. "I found signed witness protection papers in her email, signed by a New-York judge, ADA Cox herself, the Attorney general, and Brooklyn's ADA."

"They were in code numbers so I hacked into the US Marshall's database." Oh hell "And I typed in the code numbers only to see this." He turns his phone to me and I snatch the device out of his hands to see the shock of my life.

0007845- Kevin Brewster. 0007695- Tony Burrows. 0007931- Kyle O'Reilly. Brews? Meathead? And O'Reilly?

No no just no.

"D.S. Brooklyn guys sold us out bro." No. Fucking shit.

"It all made sense after I saw this, our problems started around the time JJ was a prospect so I always thought it was him but it was also around the same time D.S. Brooklyn guys arrived. Why would they do this? Why would they work with the cops against their own brothers?"

With newly found rage bubbling in me, I instruct mamba. "Let's get this shit done and get back to the warehouse." We still had the element of surprise on our side. We head back to our motorcycles and climb on, continuing the journey to our meeting place with the Yardie boys.

Upon arrival at the place, I see Leandro- Declan's number 2, and Declan himself already waiting.

"You're never one to be late bruiser." Declan says immediately I step down from my Harley.

"Traffic" I retort as we shake hands. "Your boy okay?" I gesture towards Leandro who quickly excuses himself to make a call.

"I'll guess." He replies.

I snap my fingers to Cross and he and some of Declan's guys begin the offloading of the weapons into their truck. Quickly the exchange is made. "Looks good man." We clasp hands again and they enter their vehicles and drive off.

Yet something felt off.

"Let me see those papers again." I stretch my hand to mamba to collect the phone and interestingly enough, the D.S. Brooklyn guys would be taken into government's custody tomorrow.

Why tomorrow though?

We settle back on our Harleys as Cross gets into the truck.

However, I'm not left wondering for long because as soon as he hit the road, police sirens start blasting from our backs.

Holy shit it was a trap.

"I'll kill those motherfuckers." Mamba yells darkly.

None of us stopping, only accelerating as the sirens continue blasting behind us and tailing us. From my mirror I can see almost 15 police cars both marked and unmarked.

We can't outrun all of them.

"Move to the front of the truck and take the next interstate exit, Cross will follow you." I Instruct mamba.

Surely they both can get away while I hold this hounds back.

"What? No I'm not leaving you. We can outrun them."

For how long? They'll only call for more backup. I have to do this. It's close to the end now, I need to do this.

"You and Cross can, I'll hold them back. I promised you wouldn't go back to jail, Levi this is me keeping that promise. Now go." The interstate was coming up quickly, it was now or never. "Go! Let HOD and Capitan know about those sons of bitches."

Less than 60 ft from the interstate, I slow down and instantly whip my motorcycle around to face the oncoming traffic of cops. I raise my hands up in surrender.

They all stop, boxing me in from every corner just like I knew they would, giving mamba and Cross the opportunity to escape.

"Put you hands on your head! Get down on your knees!" They throw around commands like they don't already outnumber me and taking them on would be a suicide mission.

"If you have any weapons on you, drop them on the floor." I roll my eyes before unlatching my knife holster from my belt buckle and sliding it on the floor, same as my gun.

Three officers step forward quickly to handcuff me taking precaution in case I resist. They get the handcuffs on and push me on my feet.

I'm situated at the back of the car and it's straight to County holding cell.