37

Jesse

"Phones and personal belongings go there." Jesse dropped his phone and wallet into the basket before stepping forward for the guard to run the metal detector over his body. He extended his hands to the side, feet about a feet apart as they searched him thoroughly. After that uncomfortable experience, the same guard passed the visitation papers to JJ to sign before he could proceed into the penitentiary. He signed it quickly.

The trial had come and gone, all through the process bruiser had repeatedly shut down any visits from JJ. However, JJ had tolerated enough of that bullshit and couldn't bear the separation any longer.

He'd missed those bright blue eyes, a little cliché but they reminded him of the skies. The outdoors just like bruiser liked. JJ couldn't begin to imagine the toll this place was taking on him, both mentally and physically.

He'd missed being held in those thick muscly arms, or that deep voice that could say the oddest things without a care in the world. He'd missed the absolute look of happiness on Hunter's face when it became anything motorcycle related.

And he was supposed to go through this for six years. Six whole years of not being able to touch, or hold, or hug, or kiss, or fuck , or make love, or just be in private away from the prying eyes of the world. Six fucking years.

JJ couldn't believe his ears when mamba had told his the conviction. He'd hoped the cameras would come out and he'd find out that they've been filming such an expensive prank all along. It didn't.

"21B." The prison warden directed him to the table and quickly JJ took his seat. He somehow felt nervous to see his man again. Even though it wasn't the most pleasurable of situations or the most ideal instance, he still felt jitters and butterflies in his stomach like a bride on her wedding day.

Less than a minute later, followed closely by a prison guard, a head full of curly black hair appears in JJ's vision. Dressed in prison greens and very much unshaven, showing a grown stubble JJ takes in Hunter, deeply satisfying his eyes after months of being deprived. The scowl on the incoming man not hidden to him.

Hunter slumped on the chair across from the redhead. The surprise when the guard had come to get him, speaking of a visitor awaiting him. He hoped and prayed it wasn't JJ but lo and behold the stubborn redhead was here.

"I told you not to come here." JJ could sense that the man across him was not happy with him, at all. Maybe it was the atmosphere in this place too, because bruiser looked different. He'd definitely lost some muscle mass, cold emotionless blue eyes, and a very tense look as he studied everyone around them.

Hunter was going to deny it till the second coming but he did miss JJ. He'd missed the prospect so much in the past few months that it felt so surreal. But he'd sucked it up and kept it moving.

He wasn't that selfish to think it would be fair for JJ to wait six years for him. Neither was he stupid to cling onto false hope that JJ would be on the other side of those doors in six years time, if he did survive this place that is.

In six years, Hunter would be in his 30's, JJ would have a ten year old, Mel would be in her 20's. Things would have changed.

"I missed you." Shit, Hunter needed to be the strong one but he found it hard to when JJ looked close to tears. The broken voice was tugging on his heart.

"Look here Jesse, this place is filled with the worst of the worst. Murderers, rapists, pedophiles, arsonists, name it and they're here. I don't want you around here." 'I would hate to come back here for murder if a strand of hair is missing on your head' Hunter thought to himself but didn't voice it out loud. Some were already staring at JJ, and bruiser was already glaring daggers at them for even looking in his direction. "Go home to your family and stay clear of my mess, you understand me?"