28

Jesse

I hop out of my truck already spotting mamba's bike off the side of the cream colored house.

"JJ seriously it's nothing."

That's why you called me 23 times. I've never seen the guy so shaken, annoying? Yes, shaken? Fuck no. He looked visibly scared of something but I knew that whatever it was, it had to do with Hunter. And for some reason, I couldn't bear the thought of not doing anything to help.

"Let's make sure then." With that I make my way towards the front door and of course it's locked when I twist the knob. Mamba moves to check somewhere around the side of the house.

"He removed the spare key from the regular place." Of course I know mamba and bruiser are childhood friends and all but that didn't ease the jealousy rising in my chest. He had free access to Hunter's house, food, water, bath, probably bedroom too. It's not the right time but I couldn't help the feeling.

I rein in my thoughts and feelings however before turning to him. "You won't happen to have a hairpin would you?" It's comes out as more of a statement and immediately I start looking around for something sharp and a slim that I could use to pick the locks.

I'm still looking when mamba sharply clears his throat loudly behind me. In his hand lays a bobby pin that he extends to me.

"What? Long hair problems." Right, I was staring.

I remove the coating on the ball of the pin, exposing the metal of the separated ends to reveal the slightly sharp points. I widen the pin a little and insert it into the lock with a right amount of pressure, I press it in and twist slightly. I hear a click and immediately twist the knob. The door opens.

It's dark as we navigate our way into the silent house. Something is off, Hunter is never off guard like this for starters. Secondly, he's a pretty light sleeper. We move deeper into the stark dark house trying not to stumble on anything.

At least until I feel something cold pressed into my head. That right there is the man I know.

"Turn around slowly or I'm gonna blow out your knee caps. Trust me I don't miss." He says gruffly.

That made me so hot.

"Don't shoot Hunter, it's me." The light goes on instantly in the house, and we're all faced with each other.

"Fuck what are you doing here?" I don't bother replying as I take in the state of the house. There's a half bottle of vodka just laying on the floor, a box of pizza on the table. A bottle of pills sit next to the vodka. His D.S. knife sits carelessly on the couch, his leather cut on the floor, and an empty bottle of water at the far corner.

The only thing that catches my eyes though, is the pills. I find my legs moving towards it.

Memories flash through my head, memories of my mom stumbling into the house high out of her mind, aimlessly rummaging through the cupboard looking for something to eat. I would usually make her a sandwich to eat and calm her down or she would throw a fit and lock me in the bathroom again. It's like deja vu all over and all I see are the pills on the floor next to a bottle of strong liquor. Distaste and bile fills my mouth.

I close my hand around the bottle of pills but before I can open it, it is snatched from my hands by bruiser. "Don't touch anything." His eyes dare me to defy him, every word of his oozing anger. "Now, what are you doing here?" He's not focused on me anymore, instead it's on mamba now.

"I haven't heard from you since everything yesterday and I just thought that... I was worried is all." He replies quietly.

"I'm fucking fine." Bruiser snaps before continuing "And you didn't need to bring him, or to come here at all." He finishes.

Fucking ass, I turn to him angrily, "'Him' is right here you know?" I start. I wouldn't have him speak about me like I wasn't standing right here. He had no right to be angry, he gets to stay in the club, he gets to keep his position so what more? "We were worried when you went off grid."

"I'm right here aren't I?" He snaps back at me. "And I'm fucking peachy." He states sarcastically.

I close the distance between us, standing right in front of him and looking straight in his eyes, daring him to lie to me again. His present state and the state of the house screamed nothing synonymous to peachy at all.

"I'm just gonna go now." I hear mamba call out from where he is. Bruiser makes move to say nothing, instead scowling at me like I stole his favorite underwear. Although I admit to another person he looks murderous but I know he won't do anything to me. Or he'll unleash his anger in a different way, with different strokes, and maybe I won't complain.

"Thanks bro." I call out, not moving from our stare down. We hear the door close and the loud rumble of mamba's Harley ride away. "Now I know why I'm fucking pissed, care to share yours?" I ask lowly.

He scoffs and I immediately smell the lingering scent of the liquor on his breath. My eyes hold onto his letting him know that I'm not kidding, I was hundred percent serious. The stare down is tense, his jaw ticks and tightens, my fists clench and our heavy breaths the only thing to be heard. I wasn't backing down and I don't think he was either.

Eventually, less than a minute later, he takes a deep breath before taking three steps backward as his eyes still hold mine unwaveringly.

Bruiser reaches into his leather cut and retrieves a pack of gum, popping one into his mouth and chewing instantaneously. His tightened muscles from earlier a little bit relaxed now as his gaze also softens, the crinkle around the corner of his eyes now relaxed.

"Have you seen your kid?" He finally speaks. I'm a little taken back before realizing what he was doing.

"You're diverting." I reply.

"Look let sleeping dogs lay alright? Things didn't turn out the way I needed and yeah that's infuriating. Besides it's been a few days coming between me and Luke." He states referring to the fight.

"You can't just keep fighting people if there's a different outcome from what you wanted." My gaze softens, remembering that bruiser fought for me to stay on but it was club decision to de-patch me.

It's hard to stay mad at him too when he looks so ruggedly handsome, with his hair sticking out in different places and a five o' clock stubble.

"You're my life coach now?"

"You need a lesson on manners?" I quirk my eyebrows in question.

"How did you get in?" His voice goes octaves lower as he closes the distance between us, his gruff voice caressing my ears and sending shivers down my spine.

"Picked the locks."

"Shit JJ." That's all the warning I get before warm lips descend on mine. Needy, frantic, wanting, panting. "You're so hot when you're angry." He manages to get out in between kisses to my lips and neck. Hands roam my body, hot and claiming before they settle around my neck to pull me closer. Our breaths mingle as pent up aggression is released.

"We're still gonna talk about those pills." I practically whine out when we separate for breaths. Motherfucker distracted me. But I wasn't going to forget those that easily.

"Hmm." Is all I get as a reply. I release a loud yelp when Hunter moves us to the couch, mostly in pain from my earlier activities at the gym. "That hurt you?"

I roll my eyes at the worried look "One too many hours at the gym." I attach our lips back, savoring the softness of his against mine.

"I like what I see." A grunt of approval escapes bruiser as his hands roam around my pecs and abs. Dominating every single fiber of my body with a mixture of rough touches and warm kisses.

" 'Course you do." I cheekily reply before another yelp escapes me as bruiser smacks my ass. He reattaches our lips.

The hunk of a man practically takes all he wants and then some and I have no complaint with that.

It was a long angry night.