32.

Hunter

3:00am was the time. The devil's hour as it is called, the time was a little ironic to Hunter being in a club called Devil's Sons and all.

Everywhere was quite, people were sleeping just that eerie almost illegal feeling of being awake at this time consumed him.

Tossing and turning all night long, thoughts raging and blasting through his head thereby making his head seem heavy on his neck had led to this moment. His eyes just wide open staring at the ceiling of the room.

Hunter knew for a fact that Capitan's words were messing with his head.

Love? Did he want it? Did he need it? Did he deserve it?

Surely not with everything he had done.

The blood on his hands? Even though he had been complicit in some of their activities, he'd known what happened. He just chose to not think about it, you know if you ignore it then it never happened.

Right now they were in a war so surely it'll make more sense to stay away from the ones you care about, right? Refrain from making them a target? So why was Hunter presently donning on his leather cut and heading out to the exact place where he shouldn't be?

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

A loud knock on the door had JJ and Mel startled at who might be visiting at such odd hours. Mel quickly ran to the kitchen and grabbed the knife, a large one, JJ had simply rolled his eyes at his sister before peering through the peep hole.

The surprise when he saw bruiser on the other side of the door.

Bags under his eyes like he hasn't had a lick of sleep in days, hair sprawled in all directions and just a sheer look of tiredness had JJ's hear twinging by just looking at the man across him.

Movie night completely forgotten, he opened the door quickly. His hands circled around bruiser's wrist and he pulls the slightly larger man into the house and latched the door back.

"Come on" He whispered to the man and slowly they trudged to his room.

"I was hoping you'd be asleep." Hunter started.

Confusedly Jesse wondered. "Why?" He asked, wondering why bruiser would be here if he didn't want to see him.

"So I'd be able to talk myself out of this."

Hunter rolled his own eyes inwardly at the cowardice he was about to display. He felt strongly compelled to not do what he was about to do but somehow he felt it was the right thing to do.

Feelings be damned, JJ had to be safe and this was the only way to keep them safe. Or atleast this was the only way he knew how to.

And so he began.

"There's something I have to do, it's the only way to get us all out of this safely. What I'm trying to say is that uh you're a good person and you have a family to take care so I shouldn't have brought my chaos into your life in the first place."

JJ stared in confusion at the man across him spitting out words that sounded so much like a rehearsed breakup line or dare he say, goodbye. What was he planning? Why was he being so cryptic?

"You can't be seen with me, it makes you a part of it and I can't have that. I have some money saved up..."

JJ could take no more of this agonizing speech. All he was hearing was that another person was abandoning him, not just anyone but the one.