Chapter 5

"Pietro?"

"Shh, shh. Calmati mi tesoro, calmati," he lightly rubbed my forearm. (Calm down, my darling, calm down)

"Wha-was-warum? Warum haben sie sie getotet! Why Pietro?" I began to shake frantically, my tear ducts finally overflowing.(what-why? Why'd they kill them)

"Shhh, shh, tesoro! Hush your tears," Pietro's deep voice sounded strained and husky.

I blinked back the resistant tears and stared into his eyes, eyes that were like a sea storm. Green and mysterious. Blue and angry. Grey and untamable.

"I'm here for you, tesoro. Sono qui," he leaned his forhead against mine. "Sono qui mio tesoro. Sono qui," he lightly kissed my tear stained cheek. Once. Twice. Then he kissed the other one. Once. Twice.(I'm here; I'm here my darling; I'm here)

"Th-thanks, Pietro," I force a weak smile as my vision comes out twinkly.

"Come on, Tesoro, let's get you out of here!" Pietro signals for a few of his men around the car to follow us. "Porta indietro un'auto! E TROVAMI una cazzo di soda!"(Bring a car round back! And find me some f**king soda)

He held me even closer if possible, eliminating any space separating us. Lights flashed and people mumbled, but he never stopped. We walked past the whining girls and bouncer out front, through the sweaty and scowling crowd, down the hallway we went in earlier tonight, and out a back door with a red sign stating 'EXIT'.

"Wh-why?" I looked around the dimly lit alley that had men in dark suits or casual clothes standing on alert.

"Why? Victoria Schwarz, tch tch, I thought you knew me better than that!" Pietro's countenance morphed into one of feigned hurt.

"A-a.. it was only a one-one time thing! We-we accompanied each other to the Gala and ha-had a-a gr-great night," I sniffled as Pietro held me tighter.

"A night vull of passion E sesso!" He gave me a quick wink that produced a brief shadow over his right eye. "I learned a lot abou-" His recap dialogue was cut short due to my not-so-silent-but-silent wails of regret. Of pain. Of loss. Of pleasure. Of sorrow.

"Tesoro! Sono qui! Calmati mio tesoro! Sono qui!" Pietro not so gracefully placed his forehead to mine and stared me right in the eye. "Ich bin hier!" He leaned roughly against the nearest brick wall, letting it hold both of our weights. His breath fanned my face once again, smelling of mint and cigars and whiskey.(I'm here! Calm down my darling! I'm here; I'm here)

The tears didn't stop, but they did become quiet. Silent almost.

"MARCO! Chiamala Bastardo di un secondino, Walter Müller! E digli che Victoria sta fottutamente svanendo e svanendo, cazzo in fretta!" Pietro growled out. (Call her bastard of a second hand man, Walter Müller! And tell him Victoria's f**king fading and fading f**king fast)

"Sí Don," Marco started clicking buttons on his phone.

A/N sorry for the short chapter! Just wanted to get it up and posted!