Chapter 27

A/n Does anyone read these? I do sometimes... but I just wanted to say i love this storyline and the confidence of Victoria even though she seeks love. Last I wrote was September and now it'a 2021!

"Awwwe y'all so cute!" The teasing voice of Wilhem came from the now cracked doorway.

"Victoria, vhen's the vidding?" Oma chimed in front beside Wilhem.

"I don't know, Oma. Can we eat now?" I turned a 'just agree with me' look at Pietro and followed behind the only biological family I had left. "Oma, do you still have Mama's wedding dress?"

Slightly turning her head to look back at me, Oma spoke her thoughts, "I believe so. They had me save ev'thing  in hopes of one of vous using it."

The corners of my mouth perked up even higher, I was able to fulfill another dream of mine. My dream of wearing Mama's wedding gown at my wedding. As a way to remember her and show that thanks to her I grew up loving myself.

"Keep smiling like that and I'll wonder if I'm the love of your life or if you love that dress more, amore mio," Pietro's breath fanned my right ear as he held the dining room door open for me.

"Let's eat!" A knowing smile spread across my face as me and Pietro walked to the head of the table where bench-like chair had been placed to allow both of us to be seated at the head. The eyes of my people turned in awe, curiosity, and some even jealousy.

"Victoria! Wusste nicht, dass du einen Mann gefunden hast," Sabine propped her chin on my hair and patted her hands on my shoulders. (Didn't know you found a man)

"Sabine, not everyone is gifted in the romance category as you. Oh, I forgot! How's husband number three-was it?" I tilted my head back to give my cousin a joking sneer.

With a fake huff in annoyance, Sabine clicked her way to her seat with blonde straight hair bouncing and orange A-line twisting. After she sat down, everyone dug in to the food prepared.

"She's cute," Pietro leaned against the backrest. I raised a brow warningly which earned me his famous look of 'want-me-to-shut-you-up', "but she doesn't compare to you. Happy?"

With a slight kick to his shins, I returned to eating my food. The smirk remained on my lips till dinner was over and Pietro hauled me over his shoulder. "Aye! Put me down! Pietro Elia Giuliani!"

"I'd rather not. Marco, fai mandare qui degli accordi commerciali o prenditi cura di loro secondo il tuo giudizio. Sarò occupato per qualche ora," Pietro stomped up the stairs as if he wasn't carrying around his future wife on his shoulders. (Have trade agreements sent here or deal with them using your judgement. I'll be busy for a few hours)

My head bobbed at each step he made up the stairs to my room. Of course, I wasn't bout to protest to any of Pietro's decisions. Especially those involving us, no clothing, and a bed.

"What is going on in that head of yours, mi Amore?"

I lifted my eyes to meet his, "nothing you should worry about."

"Anything involving you worries me," He winked. The chocolate depths only darkened the longer I stared into them.

Happy Holidays to all who celebrate. Here's a bit so it's out there.
~Gen