Chapter 19

My dear children, this chapter starts off with Pietro on the morning after the whole freak night... Tea, blanket, read!

"There's no one here, Victoria! So why'd you fucking scream?" The raspy bass of my voice overpowered the chirpiness of the birds that made nest in the trees outside.

"Oh your face! Oh-ho your face!" Victoria muttered between her hearty and obnoxiously loud laughs.

But you love them. Oh fuck off subconscious.

Rolling back onto the soft pillows, her bare skin hitting the satin fabric, her face flamed up as she noticed her attire, or lack there of.

Setting down the gun on my nightstand, I let out a light chuckle that somehow aroused the female specimen who lay beside me. "You're a cherry, Tesoro!"

"Oh shut up," her smooth hand playfully slapped my hard chest, but even that tiny movement moved a lot.

Might I say, I got a package deal with this one? "You're nearly naked, Tesoro, I wouldn't move to much," Wrapping my arms around her waist, I pulled her to me. Feeling the silkiness of her skin. Her cheeks were filled with red hues. "What was that about? Why'd you scream?"

Ever seen someone scrunch both eyebrows while lowering one and then gazing down at the floor with a pouty puppy-dog face? No? Beh, devo dire che ti stai perdendo!

I firmly but gently held her porcelain jaw in my leather-like fingers. Così carino, ma il suo pensiero significa il suo stress, and if she's stressed someone's gonna get their ass killed."Don't think too much! For once tell the truth as it is."

"I-it was a a-alptraum," her voice wavered slightly. I caught sight of her eyes slightly glazing almost in fear until she buried her face into my chest.

I felt her wet cheeks. Her swollen eyes. Her reddened nose. Her quivering lip.

I felt her pain.

Placing my fingers in her clumped curls, I pulled her closer to me. Onto my lap. Into my embrace. Sharing my strength, my warmth with her shivering form.

"Tesoro, I need you to breathe! Calmati il mio!" I continued to comfort my fear-strident Amore. Smoothing out her hair, taming her curls.

As I whispered sweet nothings, her body relaxed. She slouched into me, not rigidly leaned. Her breathing returned to normal, not the distanced heavy breathes she took before.

She lifted her head, sky eyes locking stares with my chestnut ones. "It started off with what my mother said before we left the gala then she waltzed into a bright white light. After that you started to pull me but instead of following, I landed on the back leather seats of a car and a shadow of a man kept repeating 'We're coming for you'."

Victoria shook. Her body jolting in random spasms, like she did 6yrs ago in that night after she was told of her parents death. It had been like last night. We had slept together and she woke up with a start, having a nightmare of her parents death. After that she would call me when she gets one, some at night others during the day, and at one point they stopped. But apparently now they've returned. She looked terrified, horrified, and traumatized.

She's 24 and living the life people think is only fiction.

I strengthened my hold on her, drawing her into me. I wouldn't and couldn't let her be drawn back into that downward spiral. Rocking back and forth, I cradled her like a child. "Victoria, look at me."

She kept her cheeks pressed to my chest.

"Il mio tesoro, look at me," I kept my tone soothing and sweet. A tone only used with her.