11- The Whaley House

** I'm probably not going to do every episode in detail, just my favorites lol, most of them will kind of be quick recaps with just some of the best parts included because I wanna keep things moving! Also... we're low-key probably gonna brush over True Crime I'm sorry!! (I still love True Crime don't get me wrong, but like I said we gotta keep movinggg)

Friday morning rolls around and my alarm goes off a little later than usual. We're road-tripping to the Whaley house today, it's a little over a 2 hour drive so we're not planning on leaving until 5pm. Which means, I have almost the whole day to myself.

I pull into the buzzfeed parking lot at 4:45 and go up to grab some gear first. Then I head to pick the boys up.

"Hey!" I say, pulling up in front of Ryan's a apartment building, he's already standing on the curb holding three coffees, he passes one to me and smiles. "Thanks," I say, "We ready to road trip?" I ask.

"No." Ryan says, already groaning at the thought of tonight's investigation. I laugh and we start towards Shane's place.

Today will just be me, Ryan and Shane because it's meant to be an easy shoot. I know that we're already planning on bringing a bigger crew along for videos in the future though.

When we get to his place Shane climbs in the back and Ryan passes him a coffee as well.

"Who's DJ?" I ask. Before I can even glance in his direction Ryan is plugging his phone in and pulling up some tunes. The drive should be a lot of fun, for most of it we'll be right along the coast.

We're cruising down the highway with the windows open when those infamous opening chords play out through the radio.

"I thought you hated Cars?" I yell over the wind and the radio.

"I do! Doesn't mean this isn't a great song!" Ryan replies.

"Cars is a great movie!" Shane says from the backseat, Ryan just turns to volume up and drowns him out as the chorus for Life is A Highway kicks in. The three of us belt along as we cruise next to the ocean and I can't help but feel like I'm in a movie. I look at the two guys, strangers just a couple months ago, and now some of the best friends I've ever had. I laugh to myself as they bang their heads and scream-sing along to the song, their definitely my favorite idiots...

By the time we pull up to the Whaley House the sun has pretty much set. We all get out and stretch our legs, and then it's time to start shooting. The boys rig themselves up and I do the same. I hum to myself as I test all my gear, the weather is perfect and it's a beautiful night. The streets of San Diego are bustling and despite the long drive I feel pretty relaxed and surprisingly prepared for the investigation. It's only our third one but I already feel like I'm getting the hang of it.

"How are you so chill right now?" Ryan asks, tightening the straps on his backpack. I shrug.

"Because ghosts aren't real Ryan!" Shane calls from the other side of the car where he is configuring his mic pack. I smirk and Ryan rolls his eyes.

"You guys ready?" I ask, pulling my camera up to face them. They nod, "alright we're rolling from here on out!" I say, starting to record. They approach the house,

"This is the famous Whaley House," Ryan says apprehensively.

"Beautiful house!" Shane says,

"And also, in the bustling area of old town San Diego, look at this street!" Ryan comments, "Even if we uh, get possessed tonight we could have a nice brewski after!"

"Yeah, and we will!" Shane says, I smile and wonder how they act so natural and effortlessly funny together.

"I'm just trying to distract myself..." Ryan admits,