24

We've been back in California for almost a month now, mostly filming Post Mortems, releasing the last of the paranormal episodes, and getting ready to film the true-crime season.

I'm sitting at my desk going over a call sheet when someone walks over, I recognize him from around the office and I'm pretty sure I've actually been in a couple videos with him.

"Hey Sophie!" He says, shit I think, what's this guy's name...

"Hey!" I say, he laughs,

"Matt," he says,

"Right! Yes, I remember. Sorry about that," I say, he shakes his head,

"Don't even worry about it."

I take a second to look him up and down, he's got a pair of nice glasses, and a really good sense of style. Not to mention he's pretty tall, I wonder for a second if he's as tall as Shane.

"Anyways so I was wondering if you wanted to grab lunch?" He asks. I'm a little surprised. I'm pretty sure I've never said more than two words to this guy. I look around, unfortunately, Shane's not around and Ryan has a pair of headphones in so there's no one to witness the moment.

"Umm, ok! Yeah, sure," I don't have the heart to say no, but he honestly does seems like a nice guy so I figure might as well make the best of it. The two of us walk to the same coffee spot Shane and I often visit and grab food and I actually have a really good time.

From that point on we start hanging out more and more often, it's actually kinda nice to have a friend outside of the Unsolved crew. I love them but sometimes I worry I spend too much time with all of them.

About 2 weeks after our first lunch Matt asks me out, like on a date out. At first there is a part of me that feels wrong saying yes, but I can't figure out why, so I decide it's just my typical over-thinking and go anyways. The date is kinda amazing and within one more week we're official. Pretty much the same time the first episode of the Unsolved True crime season drops.

I'm walking with Shane through the office almost 3 weeks later, talking about the last few True Crime episodes we have to film when Matt comes up. (In case you were wondering, he isn't quite as tall as Shane. Which was a fact I was sorta disappointed to realize). The two are not exactly friends, but they put up with each other, or rather I make Matt put up with Shane because Shane is one of my best friends.

"Hey babe," Matt says, I kinda hate when he calls me babe, not only does it remind me of that guy from New Orleans who totally creeped me out, but it feels... I dunno weird? It's no big deal though I know Matt likes the pet name.

"What's up?" I ask, Shane and I stop to talk to him, Matt nods at Shane and I can practically feel the fake smile Shane gives him in return. I really need to do something about their issues with each other.

"I was thinking that tomorrow afternoon you could shoot something for me? I had this idea with a buddy to-" he starts, but stops when he sees me scrunch up my nose, "What?" he asks.

"I'm shooting Unsolved tomorrow afternoon remember?" I say, he sighs,

"Right, no yeah I remember..." He says, I kinda glance at Shane and I think he gets the hint.

"I'll catch up with you later Sophie!" He smiles and walks off.

"I'm sorry Matt, I can do another day?" I offer, he nods.