17- The Harrowing Hunt for Bigfoot

*I've been so excited to write this episode! Cryptid eps really are some of the bestttt. Little note though, for the insta posts and stuff I'm going to try to use similar looking people in each picture but because I don't have a set actress I want for Sophie they might look different from post to post. Personally, this is something that I don't really mind lol, but I'm sorry if it bothers you!

We land in Willow Creek California late in the evening. For this shoot we've brought along TJ and Devon for an extra set of hands. We spend the night in Bigfoot Motel (to Shane's complaints), a shabby little place in the heart of quaint Willow Creek, the self-proclaimed Big Foot capital of the world. Before going to sleep though we shoot the backstory for the episode in front of our motel room, just to get it out of the way.

We wrap and all decide we'll wake up early to see the sunrise over the river tomorrow, but when 6am actually rolls around I have different plans. Despite Devon's attempts, I end up sleeping in and I assume the rest of the crew heads out. I climb out of bed and pull on my outfit for the day, wondering when they'll get back from their little expedition. I step out into the open-air hall of the motel and see Shane stepping out of the boy's room next door. I quirk my head, confused

"What about the sunrise?" We both ask at the same time and then immediately break into laughter.

"I decided I like sleep better," I respond.

"Me too," He says. I see that he's also already dressed for the day and I figure we might as well kill time while we wait for the other's to get back.

"Wanna explore?" I ask, he smiles and nods. I grab my backpack just in case I wanna film or take pictures of anything and then we start through town. The sun hasn't been up for long and it's beaming in the sky, there isn't a single cloud. Most of the shops are closed because it is still relatively early so Shane and I decide to take a short hike on one of the trails near our motel. It's a beautiful morning and I end up making several stops to get pictures or footage of the wildlife. I'm crouched on the side of the trail with my camera aimed into the foliage trying to capture the tiniest little frog hopping along when I realize that not everyone in the world enjoys spending an obnoxious amount of time taking pictures.

"Sorry," i whisper to Shane, trying not to spook the frog. Shane laughs,

"Are you apologizing to the frog?" he asks, I smile and laugh,

"No I was apologizing to you! I just realized I'm taking forever with all the pictures I'm taking," i explain. The frog looks up at me, hearing my voice, and boom! I get the perfect shot. "Gotcha!" I say and I hear Shane laugh. I stand up and see him standing comfortably nearby with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey," he says now that I've come back to earth, I laugh,

"Hey. Like I was saying, sorry about that," I open up my bag to put the camera away.

"You don't have to apologize, I really don't mind." Shane says, "I just feel bad, you've gotten so many great pictures but you've missed the best subject; me!" He says cockily. I laugh and pull the camera up to face him.

"Be careful what you wish for!" I say, snapping photos of him. He laughs and puts on a smolder, posing for the camera dramatically. When I look down I realize I've actually got some amazing pictures of him.

"Dammit... these are actually kinda good," I say, he laughs.

"Why do you sound so upset?" He asks,

"Because I've got so many great pictures but I can't get the best subject; me," I say mimicking him from earlier. He bursts out laughing,

"Here," he says, I pass him the camera, "be careful what you wish for," Shane winks. I laugh and he takes a few pictures.