14

The couple months between season one and two are not as uneventful as I'd expected. I start not only shooting more videos, but featuring in them too. As a result, I also have a steady stream of "fans" coming to my Instagram and social media which is definitely weird for me. I am by no means "famous" but it's still strange to have people I've never met following and commenting on my posts. The boys and I spend a lot of time together, and I also end up getting super close with the newest member of the BFU team, Katie. Her, Devon and I have a girls night every few weeks which is nice.

We're about a week out from filming the first episode for season two when Shane, Ryan and I come into the office to find a cardboard box on Ryan's desk.

"Shit!" Ryan says, getting excited, "it's our merch guys!" He grabs for some scissors and cuts open the box. We had been designing merch over the hiatus and it's finally here. Once we get some promos going it will be dropped on the merch website. It's all very exciting.

"Why don't we go outside and take some pics for the gram!" Ryan says, pulling a Shaniac shirt out of the box.

"We should wear each other's merch, less cocky that way," Shane suggests and he grabs a Boogara shirt. I'm faced with a dilemma. I don't want to grab for a Shaniac shirt, even though I am by no means a Boogara because I don't believe in ghosts... but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings either. I think the boys can tell I'm conflicted and they laugh.

"It's not that deep Sophie!" Ryan says, pulling out a Shaniac shirt. "We all know you're a non-believer... for now! This season I'm planning on flipping both of you!" Ryan says. I laugh,

"Well that would make for some great content so let's hope you make it happen!" I say. The three of us break off to go into the bathrooms and change. When we come back out we head to the garage area of Buzzfeed. It's not the most glamorous photoshoot location but the brick will make for a nice background. I get my camera out and start snapping pictures of the boys. This is their show after all, and they will be doing the bulk of the promotion and marketing. But they do get a few pictures of me so I can post something as well.

Once the shoot is done we head back into the office and spend the rest of the day talking with Devon and some higher-ups about the marketing. She suggests that we all post something on our Instagram for now and put a link in our bios to get the word out. Shane, Ryan and I all time it perfectly so the posts go up at the same time.

 Shane, Ryan and I all time it perfectly so the posts go up at the same time

sophiemc: Repping. Get your Buzzfeed Unsolved Merch now and get excited for Season Two! Link in bio (p.s I'm sorry to all you Boogaras out there but it's nothing personal... ghosts just aren't real)

Tagged: @ ryanbergara, @shanemadej, @buzzfeed

user1: When 👏🏻 are we getting 👏🏻 the trailer!?

user2: you have no idea how hype I am for this!

user3: of course she's wearing Shaniac merch...

ryanbergara: looking snazzy! 

user4: I need this!

shanemadej: that's a great shirt where'd you get it? *wink wink*

sophiemc: @ shanemadej oh my gosh isn't it the best? I got it from the buzzfeed shop, link in bio! *wink wink*

chrismccarthy: just bought these for the whole family, sorry Soph but Mom and I are believers... #boogara

sophiemc: @ chrismccarthy betrayed by my own flesh and blood... 

user5: Like this comment if you found this through Shane or Ryan's posts!

view 246 more comments...

After work the whole Unsolved crew decides to go out for dinner and drinks to celebrate the launch of our merch and the upcoming season. This season is going to be the last before we alternate between true crime and supernatural, so we know that once it's over it will be a little while till we're out hunting ghosts again. 

Ryan, Shane and I are squished into a booth, with TJ, Devon and Katie on the other side of the table looking pretty snug as well. We're all talking and enjoying the food when someone comes up to the table. 

"Hi!" She smiles and I can tell her eyes are only on Shane and Ryan. Which is awkward for me considering I'm sitting right between them. 

"Hey!" Ryan says, I've always wondered how he's so friendly with strangers. 

"You guys are from Buzzfeed Unsolved!" She says, Ryan and Shane glance at each other. I look across the table to see that Devon, Katie and TJ are trying not to laugh. 

"Umm yeah, yeah that's us!" Shane smiles.

"Do you think I could get a picture?" She asks. Shane looks at his food and then at me and I can tell he doesn't love being interrupted in the middle of a night out with friends and is feeling a little uncomfortable, he's definitely not as good with strangers as Ryan. Speaking of, Ryan is already up and out of his seat, this is the first fan that's ever approached us in public and he's pretty stoked. 

"Yeah!" He says. I scoot out of the booth to let Shane out and the girl passes me her phone.

"thank you!" She says, this time to me, which is nice.

Ryan and Shane stand next to her and smile and I snap a picture. 

"are you from L.A?" Ryan asks. The girl nods, 

"Yeah! I love Unsolved, my friends and I get together for every episode when they drop!" 

"That's fun!" Shane smiles, easing up a little. 

"The real question is," I speak up, passing the girl's phone back to her, "Shaniac or Boogara?" 

"Boogara for sure!" She laughs, and Shane shakes his head. Ryan gives her a high five and sticks his tongue out at Shane and we break into laughter.

"Thank you guys!" The girl says, "Sorry to interrupt!" She smiles and waves and then rushes back to her table looking excited. We slide back into the booth.

"She was nice!" Ryan says, 

"Yeah I hope all our fans are that friendly!" Shane agrees, "still feels weird to say 'our fans'" He laughs. Ryan nods. 

"Can't believe I'm friends with celebrities," Devon says jokingly, Ryan and Shane laugh and shake their heads. We finish off our food and then hit up some bars. By the time I get back to my apartment I'm feeling exhausted and a little bit tipsy, so much so I end up falling asleep in my BFU merch and jeans.