25

** Ok so I know this Matt guy is like totally out of left field, but I needed someone to show Sophie what she really wants lmao, I hope this chapter makes up for it! I feel like there are some pretty cute moments in here but maybe that's just me...

Another week goes by and I decide it's better not to bring anything up about the fight with Shane, the day after our fight he seems back to normal so I just let it go. Unfortunately, Matt does not "just let it go". Actually, he asks me about Shane pretty much every day and I'm getting tired of it to say the least.

I'm standing on the elevator with him, he'd driven me to work today, a drive that was very much filled with tension. We stand silent for a minute.

"Now that you've finished filming this season of Unsolved I feel like you should probably quit that project... time for something new dontcha think?" Matt says out of nowhere. I recoil, genuinely shocked at the suggestion.

"You're joking right?" I say, laughing. Matt is not amused.

"No, you don't even like those guys anyways," He says. Now I seriously start laughing,

"You have to be kidding..."

"Aren't you and Shane fighting? Feels like the right move to just let them do their thing," He says. My frustration with Matt has been rising for a little while now, and this is just the last straw. Unfortunately before I can snap back at him the elevator doors open and wouldn't you know it, Shane steps on. He smiles,

"Hey guys," he sounds friendly enough but I think he can sense the tension.

"Hey Shane." I say, through gritted teeth. Matt just rolls his eyes.

"So Shane, have you guys started looking for a new camera op for Unsolved yet?" He asks, I'm too dumbfounded to speak for a moment. Shane looks confused and gives me a questioning look. I go to explain but Matt beats me to it,

"Oh Sophie didn't tell you yet?" He says,

"What are you-" I start,

"Why don't you tell him " Matt smiles at me, and in that moment I almost punch him. Shane looks to me,

"I'm not fucking quitting Unsolved Matt," I say, my eyes locked on Matt. I'm trying my hardest not to yell.

"What? I thought you said you were..." He says, acting surprised.

"Oh my god!" I laugh out of frustration, "Why are you being such a jerk?" I ask, running my hands through my hair. Shane looks at his shoes uncomfortably.

"I'm just looking out for-" the elevator doors open to pick someone else up and I push past whoever is getting on, not caring that this isn't the floor I was heading to.

I'm walking quickly to the bathroom, just to get away from everyone for a minute when I feel someone take my hand from behind, I turn around with a huff, expecting to see an apologetic Matt behind me. Instead, I turn to face Shane. He let's go of my hand once he's gotten my attention.

"I'm assuming you're not actually quitting Unsolved?" He says, I sigh and laugh a little,

"No Shane, I'm not quitting," I say, he smiles and I can tell he wants to ask me about Matt, but instead he says,

"You wanna get some breakfast?"

I laugh, "I just got to work!" I say, Shane waves his hand dismissively and shakes his head,

"Yeah whatever, what do you have to do today?" He asks, I think about it for a minute. I don't have to shoot anything today it's mostly just editing stuff on my computer...