27

** Hey guys, so quick question, do you want me to do a chapter on the Keddie Cabin Episode? It's technically true crime and I've really only been doing paranormal episodes. But they do visit Keddie for that episode so I could do it if you guys want! Also this is a super short chapter to wrap up the Matt ~drama~ 

The next day I invite Devon and Katie over for a little bit of a "self-care day". I'm very glad I broke up with Matt on a Friday because I can't imagine having to go into the office and see him today. 

We have a really good day together, get a little drunk on Mimosas from the champagne Katie brought over to make me feel better, do face masks, talk about office drama, and just hang out together. 

Sophie's Insta

sophiemc: "you'll figure something out" - Shane, Advice Master 

Tagged:@devonjj, @katielbc, @shanemadej

user1: I want to do this with myyy friends!

user2: anyone else notice how she deleted her pictures with Matt? 

user3: @user2 YES! Why do I feel like that's what Shane's advice was about... 

shanemadej: well... you did figure something out so!!! I am an advice master ;)

katielbc: hate you for looking so cute in a face mask... <3 

user4: break-up recovery session? That's my theory... 

user5: thank god she ditched that guy, we ALL know Shane+Sophie is the real otp!!

ryanbergara: You know how much I love face masks how could you leave me out of this!

sophiemc: @ryanbergara haha, it was a girls day! Just me, Devon and Katie. I tagged Shane because he provided the caption lol. We'll have a spa day soon ;)

view all 312 comments... 

I spend the rest of the weekend alone, dodging calls from Matt. My brother Chris facetime me on Sunday and I "spill the tea" about my break-up with Matt, we also try to plan another time for him to visit L.A. He even mentions he's applying for a job in Cali so he might be living nearby in the future which is exciting to say the least. 

Sunday evening comes around and I'm almost too anxious to fall asleep. I just hope Matt is sensible enough not to make a scene at work. 

...

Shane offers to drive me to work and I welcome the offer, it will definitely be better than walking into the office alone. 

We're sitting at our desks, it's almost lunch-time and so far I've seen no sign of Matt. I've got a pair of headphones on and I'm going over footage. Ryan is across from me working on planning our locations for the next season of supernatural and I'm pretty sure Shane is working on a new project he wants to start called Ruining History. 

I'm too focused on my work to notice Matt approaching me, but a crumpled up piece of paper lands on my keyboard and I look over at Shane, who threw it. He nods in the direction of Matt and I look to see him walking up. Ugh. 

"Hey Sophie," He smiles, leaning against my desk. Out of the corner of my eye I see Shane pull his headphones halfway off to listen in. 

"Hi," I say, still acting focused on my work. 

"You wanna go for lunch with me... I uh, I wanted to talk to you," he glances over at Shane who is acting busy, and then back at me "alone." 

"Sorry Matt but I don't feel like I need to do that," I say, he sighs. 

"You're really not gonna give me another chance?" He whines. I shake my head. 

"I'm really not," I say. Matt huffs, and I just hope he gives it up. He glances over at Shane and for a second I think he's about to fight him. But instead he rolls his eyes and walks away. I let out a sigh of relief and look to see that both Shane and Ryan were watching from their desks, and I see Devon give me a thumbs up from her desk across the office. I laugh and Shane puts his hand out next to me for a low high-five out of Matt's sight. I'm glad that's over.