41

**These next few 'roadtrip' chapters are probably gonna be pretty heavy on the Social Media side, hope you guys enjoy!

For the next two weeks, the whole Unsolved team is taking off. Shane and I are road-tripping back home for a bit to visit, Ryan is visiting home too but his family lives much closer, I think Devon and her boyfriend are going on vacation and TJ and his girlfriend are going on a camping trip for a few days. It's honestly going to be the longest break I've taken since I joined the crew, now that Unsolved has really gotten popular we're all making a nice living and Buzzfeed seems to have finally decided to treat us a little better considering we're raking in so many views for them (not to sound cocky but... it's true).

Our last day in the office we have a little bit of a 'going away' celebration. Devon brings in donuts for the crew and we all hang out on set for a while. It's nice, and it makes me realize how lucky I am to have a job that I'll actually miss while I'm away.

That evening I go home and pack for the trip, we're taking Shane's car and he's picking me up early. Because the drive is almost 30 hours long we've decided that on our way out we'll break it up into almost a 4 day trip, then we'll spend almost a week at home and the ride back to L.A will only be split between 2-3 days. We've already made our plans and reservations for motels and stuff along the way.

In the morning I wake up early just out of pure excitement. We're not leaving until almost 4 this afternoon because the first leg of our trip is pretty short. I spend the day making sure I've got everything packed and my apartment is cleaned up. We're planning to go to the food store before leaving so Shane picks me up at around 3pm and we head to a local place. We buy enough food and snacks for the first few days of driving and then we're on our way.

Shane's Insta Story

Sophies Insta Story

Sophies Insta Story

Our plan is to make a few stops along the way and stay in a couple of hotels

Our plan is to make a few stops along the way and stay in a couple of hotels. Our first stop is Las Vegas where we may have splurged on a  room at the Bellagio. We didn't spend nearly as much money on any other places we're staying though. After Vegas, we're driving 8 hours to Arches National Park where we're actually just planning on camping out in the back of Shane's car for the night, and the next day we have a 14-hour drive (the longest leg of the trip) to Des Moines where we're staying the night before finishing off the trip with a 7-hour drive to Illinois where Shane will drop me off at my place and then drive an hour to his parent's house.