50- Mothman

** :o we're officially 50 chapters in... thanks for coming along for the ride guys, hope y'all are enjoying it :)

Pretty much right after Christmas we get back to work. We take two more days off for New Years Eve and this time Ryan throws a party. Unlike the Christmas party though, this one is a lot closer to rager, and any sense of adulthood or maturity I had felt after the Christmas party is lost when we all get wasted for NYE.

After that it's time to start dropping the True Crime episodes. We start with the Jack the Ripper episode which feels like it was filmed ages ago at this point, because we filmed it at the same time as the last season of paranormal. We quickly get into the rythm of releasing an episode, filming postmortems, releasing those and then dropping the next episode. Before I even realize it we're almost done with the season and it's time to start filming paranormal.

February (aka Febeyary according to Ryan) is almost over by the time we have everything planned for the Paranormal season. We're going to spend all of March filming and most of April and then we hope to release the season by the end of April.

The first episode we're shooting is a cryptid episode in West Virginia about Mothman, than we're going over to Ohio for 2 more episodes, flying to New York for 1 and finally Georgia for 2 more. When we get back to California we're planning on finishing off the season with an episode in San Diego.

We're shooting the intro for Mothman at the desk before traveling to West Virginia, I'm sitting behind the camera waiting for Shane to show up. Meanwhile Ryan is at the desk doodling on some post-it's.

"Of course Shane would be late to the first shoot of the season," Ryan laughs, shaking his head.

"I know, It's almost too on brand," I reply, Ryan's nods and opens his mouth to speak but just then Shane comes into the studio in a flurry.

"Sorry!" He says, "I know I know, I'm late to the first episode of the season," he laughs, not knowing that Ryan and I had just been joking about that. Ryan and I laugh as well,

"Just get to you're assigned seat Madej!" I joke,  he laughs and sits down next to Ryan, raising his hands in either surrender or apology.

"Ok it's just me today. Devon and Teej are busy with planning the rest of the season ," I say, Shane and Ryan nod. We're all used to it just being the three of us, that's pretty much how the show started really.

I check all the sound and other equipment and then finally we're ready to start rolling.

"Alright roll sound," I say, usually TJ would be there to call back to me with the industry response of "sound speed" instead I do the call and answer thing myself.

"Sound speed," I say once the sound equipment is ready, "roll camera," I hit record "camera speed, hit it!" I say and Shane claps his hands together to sync the sound at my signal. "Action," I finish and the boys sit up a bit straighter and start the episode.

(** Oooh so that's how the whole 'light camera action' thing actually goes when you're on set, and I thought it would be fun to include xx)  

"This week on Buzzfeed Unsolved, we travel to Point Pleasant West Virginia, as we dip our toes back into the cryptid pool again to search for the famed creature... The Mothman!" Ryan says, showing the camera a doodle of Mothman done on a post-it. I have to stop myself from laughing, that must have been what Ryan was up to while we were waiting for Shane.

"Oh, very impressive!" Shane says, raising his eyebrows,

"can you see that?" Ryan asks, partially to me and partially to Shane, I give him a thumbs up and he angles the doodle towards Shane a little more.