•Ch.1•

Flashing lights, loud music and sweaty bodies. That was the best way of describing this party right now. For Ava, this was her first outing in a long time. Her friends managed to convince her to come to one party and just let loose for the night. It was safe to say that was exactly what she did.

Her vision was already blurred, and she couldn't walk in a straight line - the high heels not helping either- and she always had a red cup full of drink in her hands. It was only an hour and a half into the party and she felt like she was having the time of her life. She felt pretty again, for the first time in ten months. She was wearing a perfectly fitted black sparkly dress and white high heels whilst her hair was curled perfectly and makeup was on point.

"Girl, I'm so glad you agreed to come out tonight" Tara, her best friend told her over the music as they danced amongst others.

"Me too! I needed this!" Ava told the girl, before doing a spin and bursting into laughter.

The party was in fact Tara's boyfriends and roommates party. Jake, Sam, Colby and Corey. They were all her best friends and she allowed them to convince her to attend tonight.

"See! It's not so bad is it!"  Tara yelled with a bright smile on her face. Ava grinned back before looking across the room and noticing a random brunette guy staring at her. She furrowed her eyebrows slightly, not recognising him at all and feeling a little on edge by him.

"Hey, who's that guy?" She asked Tara, almost sobering up a little at the uneasy feeling in her stomach. Tara looked over to the direction that Ava had pointed at and gave him the same look as Ava.

"I'm not sure, why's he still staring?" She asked, confused at his confidence to not even look away after Ava pointed.

"Fricken Weirdoooooo" Ava slurred lightly before laughing.

"I'll go find Jake and ask him" Tara told her.

Ava nodded.

"Imma go fill up my drink anyways" she told the girl before they went separate ways. Ava headed for the kitchen and on her way she looked behind her to see the same guy walking through the crowds of people and in her direction.

She picked up her pace slightly and stumbled into the kitchen, freezing in her spot once she saw who was in there.

"Hey Ave, you alright?" Colby asked his best friend slightly awkwardly.

"Uhhh, y-yeah. I just came for another drink" she told him, not taking her eyes off of the other people in the room.

"It's good to see you again, Ava" Franny told the girl with a small smile.

In the room stood Franny, Kian, Jc, Corey (la Barrie), Bobby and most importantly Crawford. Her ex best friends and ex boyfriend. She hadn't spoken to them properly in about 10 months after her breakup with Crawford. Things didn't end great for them and it resulted in the group choosing 'sides' and leaving Ava with nobody.

"Uhh, yeah, likewise" Ava spoke quietly, diverting her eyes to the ground and not moving from the doorway.

"Excuse me, sorry, I just need a drink" a males voice spoke from behind her. But before Ava could even turn around, she gasped at the feeling of someone's hand on her ass as he made his way around her and inside the kitchen.

She looked up with wide eyes and saw it was the guy who was staring at her from before. She looked around at the others and noticed the only person greeting him was Colby. In fact, the others had fallen back into conversation, well all apart from Crawford who was looking at her concerned. He had seen what just happened and he knew her better than anyone. He could see the fear on her face as she locked eyes with him but she soon broke that eye contact by turning around and leaving the kitchen.

"I thought she wanted a drink?" JC asked confused, noticing her leave.

Crawford debated for a moment whether or not to check if she was alright but figured it would be better if he stayed watching the guy who touched her instead. He stayed leaned against the kitchen counter, listening in to his conversation with Colby. He could feel his jaw clench slightly as he thought about what he just did to Ava. It may have been ten months, but he still cared for her a lot.

"Yo Crawford, ever since Ava walked in you've gone silent, you alright man?" Corey asked his best friend, snapping the boy out of his thoughts.

"Uh, yeah man I'm fine...just tipsy ya know?" He lied, noticing the guy say goodbye to Colby before leaving the kitchen. Crawford pushes himself away from the counter to go follow the guy but didn't get far as Colby wrapped his arm around his shoulder and joined their conversation.

"He's overwhelmed by how great my bestie looks, isn't that right lil Crawford?" Colby teases him.

Everyone in the room laughed at his joke, but Crawford just stayed staring at the door. He had a really bad feeling about that guy and Ava and wanted to make sure she was safe. He could feel his anxiety rising second by second and just wanted to go and find her.

"Colby, does she hate us?" Franny asked him nervously, catching crawford's attention as he wondered the same thing. Colby sighed and removed his arm from the boy.

"I don't know. She's hurt, for sure. I guess that's something you guys would have to find out for yourselves" he shrugged. They all nodded understandably, but Crawford took the opportunity to excuse himself and search for his ex.

He pushed through the crowds of people drinking and dancing before standing still and scanning the room. He could see outside from where he was stood and saw Ava with Tara, but he soon noticed how an arm was constantly going around her waist and then being pushed away.

Ava found herself petrified as the guy wouldn't take his hands off of her. He had followed her outside but thankfully she got to Tara just before he got her alone, but Tara wasn't much help either as he ignored their pleads to leave them alone.

"Please stop!" Ava told the boy as she ripped his arm off of her waist, only for him to trail it back there.

"Dude, she's already said she's not interested let go" Tara argued, trying to get in his face. He simply ignored her and kept his eyes on Ava, smiling slightly to himself.

"Let go of me" Ava spoke frustratedly and with fear as she tried to wiggle out of his grip.

"She said, STOP" Crawford interrupted as he pushed the guy off of her, causing Ava to gasp as he stood in front of her. Tara shot her best friend a look before looking back at the two boys.

The guy scoffed slightly before standing in front of Crawford.

"And what? What's it to do with you?" He challenged him. Crawford hesitated for a moment, but Tara spoke up quicker.

"He's her boyfriend!"

Ava's eyes went wide, but Crawford tried to keep it cool because all he wanted right now was to beat the shit out of this guy and have him gone.

"Yeah, so I suggest you walk away right now because I'm telling you if you touch my girl one more time I beat you until you can barely walk and I will make sure no one will be here to help you" he threatened, not breaking eye contact with the boy.

The guy stared at him for a moment before starting to laugh lightly.

"Come on babe, I'll show you what a real man is like" the guy started, reaching around Crawford and pulling Ava's arm, hurting her wrist from squeezing it too hard and hurting her shoulder as he pulled her. She yelped in pain slightly, but barely got pulled far because Crawford ripped his grip off of her before punching the guy square in the face.

Tara screamed a little and caught some people's attention. The guy fell back and held his nose in pain as blood rushed out of it, Crawford on the other hand had already turned to Ava to check if she was okay.

"Did he hurt you?!"

She nodded and felt tears water her eyes slightly as she held her shoulder in pain.

"What happened?!" Jake asked as he rushed over.

"That asshole hurt Ava, that's what happened" Crawford snapped, before placing his hand on her lower back and guiding her away.

"Come on" he told her, leading her through the crowds of people who tried watching the scene that had just taken place, his friends included.