•Ch.11•

It had been about a week since Ava hung out at Crawford's place. She saw him at the KnJ house once a few days ago but that was it since. It wasn't even that they haven't made plans, Crawford always asked her to hang out everyday but she would always come up with an excuse to not go. It wasn't overly that she didn't want to go...she felt like she couldn't. Everything mentally for her had deteriorated over the past few days and she hadn't felt this low in a longtime.

She often had times like these. She struggled with anxiety a lot and found it easy to feel low by the way people may treat her or just in general overthinking things. For example, when she originally moved to LA to stay with Crawford, her family turned against her for a while. She was only meant to be here with her best friend and her family for a 2 month vacation but she ended up staying here after meeting Crawford, she never consulted it with her family and made the decision on her own, upsetting them even more because she never returned home until she headed back, only to pack more things and fly back to LA. By having her family turn so distant with her, it hurt her a lot and messed up her mentality for a few weeks. And other times this has happened is whenever she'd have a fight with Crawford or when they broke up.

She felt like this because she was overthinking everything. She'd realised how much had changed in the last two weeks and it overwhelmed her. She was scared. A little over two weeks ago Crawford was just Another Love who broke her heart all those months and his friends were just distant memories to her. But after showing how much he still cared for her at The Trap House party, she got a little over excited and thinks she jumped into things too soon.

She knows how she feels for him and nothing anytime soon will change that, but she doesn't want to get hurt again and fears if she gives into Crawford so easily, she will. So she's started avoiding him.

Crawford on the other hand, he was confused. He knew something was up, but didn't want to seem to pushy towards her, so was trying his best not to mention anything about whenever he did message her.

He was currently on his own in his apartment, laying on the couch and scrolling through his phone. He couldn't help but have his mind wander to Ava every five minutes or so, so decided to message Tara, in hope of finding out what was going on.

Crawford- yo quick question, is Ava good? She's been not been responding to my messages much these last few days and isn't meeting up w me. Is there something I should know or...?

Tara- honestly...idk. She hasn't said anything to me but I've noticed how she's been feeling a little down recently...I just don't wanna question her too much, let her deal with it her way and I'll be there for her when she's ready, ya know?

Crawford- yeah for sure. I'm just worried that's all. Is she w u rn?

Tara- not rn she's not. She just went out for a walk, first time she's left the house in days. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, she has moments like these

Crawford- okay. Thanks Tara

Tara- np loser

Meanwhile, Ava had found herself at the Lake. She wasn't stood on the bridge, this time she decided to sit at the top of the bank that over looked the lake. Her knees were brought up to her chest and she sat in silence as she was lost in her thoughts.

It was getting dark out so the sun was setting peacefully. The only sound heard were the bugs that were in near by bushes, but that didn't faze her. However, her attention was diverted when she heard footsteps approaching the bridge. She looked over and saw a guy in the distance. He stopped walking and stared at her for a moment before continuing to walk towards her. His face came into the light of the fairy lights and she noticed it was Crawford.

She felt nervous and taken back by his sudden appearance, so simply diverted her gaze to the grass she was sat on, knowing he would join her so she just waited for him to do that.

He awkwardly joined her and sat down beside her, bringing his knees close to his chest also.

Ava played with the grass as she remained silent, and after a few moments of this silence, Crawford spoke up.

"I Uh- I was hoping I'd find you here..." he told her gently, keeping his eyes on the Lake in front of him.

"Yeah?" She asked, continuing to play with the grass. He nodded slightly, not shifting where his gaze was.

"Yeah. I- I guess I just wanted to check if you were okay...I've noticed you're a little different at the moment and I've been worried" he told her hesitantly, not wanting her to feel any worse by talking about it, but also wanting to know what's going on.

Ava sighed as she shifted her gaze from the grass to lake.

"I'm sorry. I just have a lot on my mind at the moment I guess" she told him quietly, causing him to glance at her.

"Is there anything I can do to help? I don't like knowing you're feeling down" he told her truthfully. It hurt him to know she was feeling such a way. He wanted to be the person to change it all and make her feel better. But he knew he couldn't do that without her letting him in, and even he knew that was something she wasn't quite ready to do.

She shrugged and avoided eye contact with him.

"I'm not sure yet. I guess in a matter of time things may become clearer for me, but right now it's not" she told him truthfully.

"I'm here for you. Just remember that" he told her genuinely, not wanting her to think any different. She nodded.

"I know. Thank you" she told him.

He smiled a little and stayed silent for a moment before glancing back at her and noticing something.

"Hey, is that my jacket?" He smirked slightly, recognising the jacket in which he gave to her two weeks ago when he and the rest of the group were walking her home from the party.

"Oh- Uh..yeah. Do you want it back? I can give it back to you if you'd l-"

"No keep it. It's look a lot better on you than it ever did me anyways" he told her, causing a small smile to spread across her lips.

"Thanks" she told him quietly, resting her arms on the top of her knees as she said so.

Silence fell between them. But like always, it wasn't an uncomfortable silence, it was just a silence they could both sit in for as long as they needed to. They had no intention in leaving anytime soon as they embraced each other's company.

Crawford thought to himself what really could be on Ava's mind but couldn't quite pinpoint what it could be. He knew she'd tell him in time and up until that moment, he knew he just had to be patient.

A/N: what did you think of this chapter? More from this scene will be coming shortly.
I wanted to create this chapter specifically to create awareness on mental health. This is something I suffer with quite often and am dealing with a lot more right now. Even though I know things will get better and easier within time, I still allow my thoughts to drag me down to rock bottom and I want people to know this is the norm in terms of feelings for so many people who go through the same thing. Even though I'm finding things tough right now, I still wanna make sure all of you are okay. If you're ever struggling, feel free to send me a message and I will be there to listen x