•Ch.2•

Crawford had guided her to the bathroom and immediately closed the door behind them. Ava didn't hesitate to let the tears fall down her face as soon as he did so and Crawford immediately wrapped his arms around her timid body to comfort her.

"Hey you're okay, don't worry, I got you" he reassured her gently, playing with her hair as he held her.

"Thank you...for doing that...you didn't have to" she told him, trying to pull herself together a little. Crawford gave her a look.

"I saw what he did in the kitchen, I wasn't gonna let him touch you again like that. He needed his ass kickin'" he told her, feeling the anger flow around his body as he thought about the situation.

Ava stared at him for a moment, she felt shocked he even wanted to help her. They hadn't spoken since they broke up and it really didn't end well. She was still hurting over it now, but she wasn't aware he felt exactly the same.

"What?" Crawford asked her, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Uhh- nothing, I just, I didn't think you would even want to help me..." she trailed, diverting her eyes away from him as she leaned against the bathroom counter, still feeling a little drunk. He took his arms away from her body and sent a curious look.

"Seriously? Ava I-"

"Oh my gosh, your hand! Is that from when you punched him?!" She panicked, seeing how swollen it had become and how the blood had already started to dry.

Crawford looked down at his hand and shook his head.

"Honestly it's fine, it doesn't even hurt that much" he tried reassuring her, but she shook her head in refusal and went over to the cupboard under the sink.

This was Colby's bathroom, so she knew where he kept everything.

She found the first aid kit and pulled it out before telling him to sit on the counter. He reluctantly did so, he didn't want her to make a fuss, but he also didn't want her to stress anymore so did as she said.

Ava stood in between his legs and held his hand as she firstly started to clean up the blood.

Crawford winced slightly at the pain and Ava shot him an amused look.

"I thought it didn't hurt that much?" She teased, raising her eyebrows slightly. He smirked a little before rolling his eyes.

"Shut up" he laughed lightly.

She carried on cleaning his hand up before wrapping it in a bandage for him.

"There you go" she told him before walking away and putting the first aid kit back under the sink. Crawford stayed in his spot on the counter and stared at her as she closed the cupboard doors.

"What?" She asked locking eyes with him.

"N-nothing, you just look really pretty tonight" he told her, feeling his heart pound in his chest a lot faster as he said so. She blushed lightly but played it off with her response.

"I think you've had too much to drink" she told him.

"Coming from you! You've been stumbling all over the place" he laughed, she joined in too but remained silent.

"I thought you didn't drink?" He questioned her. She felt herself become uncomfortable slightly and she diverted her eyes to the ground once again, not wanting to make eye contact.

"I don't...but tonight's been my first night out in a long time and I just wanted to let loose I guess..." she explained. He knew she hadn't been out since their breakup, so he didn't want to question it any further.