Here today

A/N
This is just going to be some cute fluff after all the exciting stuff!
Hope you enjoy! :)
———————————————————
John's pov

Randy quickly left us so that we could 'reconnect'. I know that he didn't like the idea of telling someone, but he sure is a great wingman.

After waiting a minute or two to make sure that he was gone, Paul turned to me and said "we need to talk"

"I need to talk to you about everything."

I nodded and he continued.

"Ever since you 'died', I just felt so empty; and now that you're here, it's like a dream come true! So many things happened since you've left. Linda died, George died, everyone left and I just felt so alone. All I had were memories from the good old days. I still perform every once and a while. I made a song about you, y'now. It was like a final goodbye and I performed it in a lot of my shows. Do you want me to sing it to you?"

I was shocked! He wrote a song about me that wasn't a diss track and still performs it!
"Yes, that would be lovely. There's a guitar in Randy's room. It's right handed though."

We got up and I showed him the guitar. He picked it up and tuned it. He always impressed me with his ability to tune guitars.
——
And if I say I really knew you well
What would your answer be?
If you were here today
Ooo ooo ooo, here today...

Well, knowing you
You'd probably laugh and say
That we were worlds apart

If you were here today
Ooo ooo ooo, here today

But as for me,
I still remember how it was before
And I am holding back the tears no more
Ooo ooo ooo
I love you, ooo

What about the time we met?
Well, I suppose that you could say
That we were playing hard to get
Didn't understand a thing
But we could always sing

What about the night we cried?
Because there wasn't any reason
Left to keep it all inside
Never understood a word
But you were always there with a smile

And if I say I really loved you
And was glad you came along
And you were here today
Ooo ooo ooo, for you were in my song
Ooo ooo ooo, here today
——
It was the best song I had ever heard! I started to tear up.
"You knew me so well, Paul. And i have to say that I love you too..."

He brought me into a hug and we cuddled for a bit.

He caught me up on a bunch of cool news. We were inducted into 'the rock and roll hall of fame'! There was a tribute made of me in Central Park too!

"What about Sean and Julian? How are they doing? Oh god I haven't seen them in so long! I never got to apologize to Jules and I died when Sean was so young..."

"They're all doing fine. Back when Cyn was still alive, Julian and her met up with Yoko to apologize."

"Oh god. I completely forgot about Yoko! And Cyn... I'm such a terrible person.."

"John. You are a fantastic person and so many people love you so much. I love you. And don't you ever forget that. When you go back in time, you can fix everything. We could even get together! You can fix your relationship with Jules! You have a second chance. I love you so much."

He kissed me on the forehead, obviously too scared to go any further. Probably scared that this was just all a dream.

We looked at each other with admiration in our eyes.

"I love you too, Paul McCharmley"

"Hey!" He giggled.

"But seriously, I love you so much"

———————————————————
A/N
This chapter was so fun to write!
It was cute and easy! This was just a filler chapter but still.

-667 words-

Peace and love