Divorce and love

A/N
This one took so long to write???? The other chapters are all done and ready to go but this one gave me so much trouble for some reason??? Either way, thanks for reading! (Also I don't proofread these long chapters so tell me if there are any spelling or grammatical errors!)
———————————————————
Paul's pov

Today marks the one week anniversary of our coming out. I wanted to spend it with John to just tell him more about everything.

George and Ringo had to go back home to their families so they left after a day or two. Cynthia and Julian are staying for another week.

Cynthia decided to go out for some 'family bonding' with Sean and Jules. I'm pretty sure she just wanted to give us some alone time since this week has been pretty busy.

We had spent the last few days coming up with songs for an album. I had already made the decision beforehand to not put any songs from the future. It would only mess things up.

Today, we were just gonna relax before Linda and Yoko had to come over and finalize the divorces.

John was strumming some old Bob Dylan tune. I watched as his lazy fingers picked the strings in just the perfect way.

I watched as he slid his hand down the neck and turned to me. I was so entranced in his skills that I hadn't noticed that I was staring.

"Hey! My eyes are up here y'know!" He smirked at me.

I quickly snapped out of my haze.

"Oh hardy-har-har" I said sarcastically.

"You said you wanted to talk and explain something earlier. What was that about?" John asked.

"Oh! I just wanted to talk to you about how lonely I felt when you died. I felt like it would be good to get everything off my chest"

For the next thirty minutes or so, I explained everything.

For the few months before his death, I was really feeling like shit.

I was just yearning to be something more with him even though I was still with Linda.

Every night, I would go out to gay clubs just to meet some men to get my mind off of John. It never worked. My mind always went back to thinking about John.

One time, I had been careless and while Linda and the kids were gone somewhere, i had brought one of my 'boy-toys' home with me. Linda walked in on me in an... uncomfortable situation.

We had talked it over and decided that we should go on a break to find our 'soulmates'. She knew that my soulmate was John and that I just needed to call him to meet up again.

I was so nervous about rejection that I never did get around to calling him. He died before I could ever confess.

I cried for days and couldn't get out of bed. I went crawling back to Linda and we fixed everything up. I promised to never do that again and I never did. (Until this new timeline.)

If couldn't go on living without John, I sure as hell couldn't go on without Linda.

She was my other half and even if I loved her so much, she would never be John.

As I finished telling John all of that, he started to tear up.

"I just wish you hadn't gone through of that. I'm so sorry. I'm so happy that we got a second chance." He hugged me and I buried my head in the crook of his neck.

"We should probably get back to thinking of some songs for the album."

"Or.... we could do this!" He grabbed me and spun me around the room.

He got out one of his old Little Richard albums and put it on.

We danced to the smooth sound of little Richard and danced until we got tired.

As we fell into the couch with each other in our arms, I laid down on his chest and fell asleep.

It might have been only four o'clock but I'm a tired old man who just danced his heart out to the songs of his youth and I deserve it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to someone pounding on the door. John and I quickly got up and straightened out clothes so that we didn't look as thought we had been asleep.

The sun shone through the curtains as an orange glow was seen in the entire apartment. It was the kind of orange that you would see as the sun set on the prettiest days, and I enjoyed the brief sense of calmness before we both got up to open the door.

It had only been an hour so we presumed that it was probably Linda or Yoko.

To nobody's surprise, as we opened the door, in stepped the lovely Linda (hehe reference) and one of my lawyers.

It had been a while since I had seen her.

"Hey Linda! It's been a while!" I heard John say from behind me.

We exchanged hellos and made our way to the kitchen table so that we could discuss the divorce.

(I not going into detail about this part since I'm too lazy to do any research and it's kinda boring to write and read :///)

As we both signed the form saying that we were no longer married, I looked into Linda eyes and mouthed a 'thank you'.

I'm so grateful that she is so accepting. We'll definitely still be friends after all of this is finished. I hope that she finds her soulmate.

We hurried them along so that we could get back to our naps since we are tired old men and they HAD woken us up. Yoko would be here tomorrow and I'm way too tired to be dealing with that right now.

I'm just happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with the person I love the most. I'm so happy that I saved John.

'It was really for the better..' I smiled to myself as John and I walked back to our room to get a well deserved night's rest.

Cynthia had a key anyway..

———————————————————
A/N
Thank you for reading! By the time I put this chapter out, I'll have already finished the rest of the chapters and will post them soon!

Thank you all for reading! Hope you enjoyed this! The next chapter is... let's just say..... exciting. Heheheh

-1087 words-

Peace and love, Andy <33