CHAPTER ONE

The Hogwarts Express is a safe place for Lucca Sallow.

He likes the cheery mood, the trolley food and watching the view. He also likes to see the free interaction between houses, it makes him smile and think that if they weren't inside the castle and the massive and stupid competition for the House Cup, the students could co-exist in peace. Except for the annoying bloke with blanched hair and his two boyfriends that follow him around. Aside from that, he can't enjoy the ride when his main concern is informing his friends about the latest events that happened during summer.

It is known among his friends about his habit of saying pure nonsense until it makes sense. Lucca likes to call it coincidences because he doesn't believe there is something special about him.

However, after this summer he went too far and he can't stop thinking about how many times his jokes turned out true.

It was a coincidence he joked about inviting trolls to the Halloween Feast.

It was a coincidence he joked about the school hiding a giant snake as a pet trying to kill them.

It was a coincidence he joked about Professor Lupin being a werewolf.

All those were coincidences, right?

Right?

Wrong.

Now, Lucca can't call a coincidence what happened in the Quidditch World Cup.

His family was rooting for Ireland and celebrating the win and then Milan, older by a year, beamed in his direction and said nothing could ruin the moment. It was weird to see his father jumping around with Venice around his mother, who was screaming at them to behave, both celebrating Ireland's victory. It was a normal bonding moment, a rare episode of his father being his father and them acting as a family.

Lucca just had to open his mouth and ruin it.

"Great timing for the Dark Lord joining the party too! He wouldn't want to miss the celebration."

Only Milan overheard him and said it wasn't funny. Lucca didn't listen because Voldemort was long ago dead and it was impossible for him to return.

And still, minutes later Lucca found himself running away with his sisters from the screams and the fire. The attack started, his father joined the Aurors and her mother went to help a muggle family while Venice was in charge to protect them.

After that Lucca only remembers waking up in St. Mungos. They said he fainted, another breakdown his Healer explained, but something changed in him. His family could see it too. His mother was staring at him with fear, as if he was going to disappear in any second, Venice acted more overprotective than ever and Milan hardly left his side.

Lucca might not be the smartest kid in his class, even if he wears his Ravenclaw scarf with pride, but he is not that stupid to not notice the change in his family. He knows they are worried about his curse but they won't tell him what is wrong.

Yet, the curse is probably his least concern at the moment.

"We need to talk."

Lucca finds Aurora and Padma sitting in an empty compartment. He checks his sisters aren't near and closes the door.

"Well, hello to you too," Aurora utters, watching him carefully. "What happened?"

"I remembered a few things about the attack."

Aurora nods, listening closely, and Padma holds a chocolate frog half eaten in her mouth, surprised.

"At this point I don't know what it is or if there is something wrong with me but this thing that happened in the World Cup, got me shitting on my pants for the rest of the summer not because I almost died but I remember exactly everything but nothing after that. Mum got me visiting the hospital again for the exams and that stuff."