CHAPTER SEVEN

Venice locks the classroom door as Milan paces in front of Lucca. Her usual calm and collected attitude is replaced by a nervous, frenetic girl. She is mumbling to herself, twirling a strand of her hair with her fingers and moving from here to there.

Venice doesn't show much of a reaction. She has always been less demonstrative than them, often perceived as cold and heartless. But Lucca knows her and he can tell Venice is equally worried as Milan.

"Right," Milan abruptly halts, she turns around, "right, right, right. So... I know for sure Cedric won't say anything. He believes you were lying just to not say why you and Harry found out about the dragons in the woods."

"Why would I lie about being with Harry?"

Venice shrugs, "you could've been out on a walk, just the two of you."

Lucca doesn't understand it. Milan seems to notice he doesn't understand it.

"Cedric thinks you and Harry were on a date," Milan says. "That's it."

"But we weren't on a date!"

"No but now, you are going to pretend you were," Milan points at him. "Lucca, I don't care if you like Harry as a friend or a boyfriend or your new pet. Convince him to forget the whole seer idea."

Lucca wants to see the reasoning Milan is trying to make. He doesn't have an issue with Cedric thinking he likes boys, that's not a problem. But Harry? Lucca can't insist on not being a seer. Harry will suspect him even more. And Moody? If Harry told Moody the same excuse he told Cedric, then Moody will not only have his eyes on Lucca but his sisters, too. Lucca doesn't want to be in Moody's spotlight. He doesn't trust Moody.

"Who else knows?" Venice asks. "Apart from Harry and Cedric?"

"My friends —"

"LUCCA!"

"NO," he rushes to step back when his sisters come closer to him. "I didn't say anything, I didn't tell them but — Aurora, she noticed there was something odd about my comments out of place and certain predictions I didn't know that were predictions until they turned out to be predictions, am I making any sense?"

"No."

"Yes," Venice nods. "Aurora suspects you're a seer."

"Exactly. And she reckons the curse is blocking my visions, she is even planning on learning Legilimency to enter inside my head and see what the fuck is wrong with me!"

Venice and Milan react at one. "She can't do that!"

"You're under potions and professional care," says Milan, sternly. "You can't let her play god."

"I won't," he says. Of course he was going to let Aurora see what's inside his mind, he trusts her, he thinks she's capable and he sort of likes her theory. "Seriously, I won't."

"Lucca," Venice looks him in the eye. "There are risks in being a seer because people don't understand how it works. They think you have visions all the time or decide when to look into the future and it's nothing like that."

"And even if you explain it to them, they just don't get it," Milan says. "It's different for each one of us."

Lucca hasn't really had the time to stop and think about the situation further. He took the notice too lightly and doesn't see the weight, the responsibility or the fear it actually means to possess such magic inside of him. Maybe he grew used to the idea of being so ordinary that the title seer doesn't suit him at all.