CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

HARRY

It's the first time Harry has a full night of sleep in a long time.

When he wakes up, Lucca isn't there with him but Harry can recognize the smell of his shampoo on his pillow. Before he notices a half grin appears on his face as he nuzzles on the pillow, only when Hermione's voice calls them for breakfast, Harry comes back to his senses and sits on his bed.

He didn't have nightmares. He slept through the whole night without any hint of nightmares. He feels rested and with more energy than other days. And it was all because of Lucca.

Harry has accepted his feelings for Lucca months ago. And most of the summer, while he was concerned about Voldemort and his friends, Lucca was a constant though he couldn't get rid off. Harry had missed him more than anyone else and he feels a bit guilty about it but the way Lucca's presence can bring peace into his troubled life is bewildering.

Harry can spend hours staring at him, Lucca has a different sort of charisma Harry hasn't seen in anyone else. He is constantly joking around, excitedly willing to help and moving from here to there, ready to test his own limits. Harry is just happy to have him there, even if they are busy and there is no moment to talk privately. Harry wants to ask Lucca about his summer, how is he feeling about his curse and tell him his hair is a bit longer than before and it suits him just fine.

Harry stands beside Ron, both are in charge of cleaning one of the many wardrobes of the upper bedrooms while Lucca and Hermione get rid of the dusty mattresses. They are talking about muggle board games, sharing anecdotes.

Lucca glances over his shoulder and their eyes meet. Harry thinks Lucca has lovely eyes, very dark yet bright and full of life. The perfect contrast. Harry smiles at him and Lucca frowns, pointing beside him.

Harry blinks, confused. "What?"

"RON!" Hermione's shrill screams awakes him.

Harry looks at his best friend, who is on the floor with a huge velvet coat strangling him. Lucca and Hermione throw themselves, seizing parts of the coat and trying to get him off Ron. Harry drops the clothes he has been holding and helps them, but it's no case.

"What is going on...? OH, RON!"

Mrs. Weasley draws her wand but she hesitates to cast anything, scared to accidentally hit Ron. Mundungus appears through the door and stuns the coat at once, Ron sits and kicks it aside and breathes. Hermione and Mrs. Weasley kneel next to him, asking if he is alright, to which Ron replies that yes, he is, and glares at Harry.

"Er — sorry..."

Hermione gives him an exasperated look and with Lucca, they help Ron back on his feet again.

"I heard noise," Sirius appears in the door-way. He glances around and his eyes land on the coat. "Oh, I see you found my mother's wardrobe. She probably cursed many of her favourite clothes. Burn them."

Lucca picks up the coat. "Yes, this thing is hideous. Burning it will do everyone a favour."

Sirius laughs loudly and leaves the room, muttering Lucca is too funny. Lucca looks at Harry.

"Your godfather is weird," he says and moves to toss the coat inside of the bucket.

After the coat incident, Mrs. Weasley says they can resume the cleaning later, so Harry goes with Ron to properly apologise. However, Ron and Hermione don't want to talk about cursed coats.

"You were staring at him," Hermione says.

Harry, too embarrassed to admit it, shakes his head. "I was distracted by something else —"