CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

"Wait, you didn't kill those muggles?"

Sirius lets out a sigh as Francesca tugs his ear.

"Don't be rude," she says. "I'm sorry, Sirius —"

"And how do you know him?" Lucca demands.

"He's Celia's dog," says Francesca. "He has been staying with us quite a lot," she adds as Pandora looks at them across the room.

Venice mutters a simple 'mothers these days' as she drinks her tea. They have been sitting in the kitchen for an hour now, Celia and Francesca explaining everything to them while William takes their things upstairs. It seems his mother has been talking with William the whole time after three dementors appeared in the manor's backyard. Dumbledore claimed it isn't safe for them to return to the manor and against Pandora's complaints, offered to give them a portkey directly to Grimmauld Place, where they have to stay for the rest of the summer with Sirius Black, the Weasley family, Professor Lupin, Hermione Granger and Cedric Diggory.

"So this is your home?" Venice asks Sirius. "You're the Black Heir."

Sirius glances over at Pandora, she avoids their eyes, talking to Professor Lupin and Mr. Weasley about something.

"Yes. I'm the last one named Black alive to claim this place."

"Holy shit," Lucca utters, realisation hits him late. "We're cousins."

"But don't sound so disappointed about it," says Sirius. "I like you, Lucca. I've heard from you — how are you with your curse?"

Lucca shrugs. "Better than before. Still alive."

"I see," Sirius leans closer, whispering. "And the visions?"

Venice, Lucca and Milan exchange a look, startled. Francesca and William rolls their eyes, calling them dramatic but Sirius chuckles.

"Ah, why other reason would you three be here?" he says. "Dumbledore says you three are descendants of a Seer and have visions and that stuff. I didn't believe him at first but after what Harry said —"

"You know Harry personally," Lucca says.

"Yes. I'm his godfather."

Lucca is suddenly nervous to be in front of him. Sirius is Harry's guardian, his father's best mate and someone who cares deeply for Harry, so Lucca finds him a bit intimidating (and not because of the fact he escaped prison and looks like he can hex Lucca on the spot in any second). Not that it should matter to Lucca since he is only friends with Harry. Nothing else. Just friends.

Yet, Sirius smirks as if he knows Lucca's deepest secrets and probably how much he fancies his godson. Lucca decides to retire from the scene before something unwanted comes out of his mouth.

Kingsley interrupts just in time. "It's almost time. Moody's here."

"Alright," says Auntie Celia. "Milan, Lucca, let me show you your rooms — Venice, you come with me later."

Venice nods and watches them go. Celia updates them with more details that weren't mentioned before. Rules in the house, how they are going to sleep and why Venice is going with Celia (because it's safer and there isn't room for her). Members of the Order volunteered to go and rescue Harry from his family, by broom, and then there is an important meeting after down in the kitchen.

"You can't be in the meetings because you're underage," she whispers as they walk down in the hallway to the stairs. For some reason they can't make so much noise in the hallways and Lucca doesn't want to ask why.