CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Little is Lucca's surprise when he finds out the whole school knows the story about what happened to Dumbledore. He should have known the portraits and ghosts of the school would say something as soon the first student was up. Though the information is a bit off and mixed up with extra ridiculous details such as Berbamn's criminal records being cleared and Fudge having a pumpkin head, the rest seems accurate to the events Harry is telling him.

"I didn't even know who Kyle Berbamn was until two days ago," says Harry when they cross ways outside the Great Hall. "But when Umbridge called me to ask where Dumbledore is, she insisted I had to drink tea. So yeah, he was tricked to tell her everything under Truth Serum."

Lucca crosses his arms over his chest, leaning on the windowsill as the breeze of early spring hits his neck. Harry is standing in front of him, both of his hands on Lucca's waist, yet his face is distant, he is thinking.

"Samuel didn't tell him," says Harry. "Kyle found out about it by himself. How?"

"He didn't say. Thus Milan punched him. Right on the face."

Harry grins as if the idea someone putting Berbamn in his place is pure delight to him. Lucca frowns, he doesn't like the way Milan is serious about dragging Berbamn to hell. Maybe Harry is right about Lucca, he worries too much. But how could not he? With his grandparents even Voldemort would be walking on eggshells.

"I thought we were cautious. How could we let someone know? Hermione planned it all!"

"We were but Kyle..." Lucca has no clue what to say, it's the first time he has no information about someone. "He's brilliant, isn't he? To find out and not having us suspecting on him."

Harry scoffs. "Git. He is a git and nothing else."

Lucca sees behind Harry's frustration and anger, sadness. Harry told Lucca how important the D.A. was to him and now it's gone, Lucca doesn't know how to repair the damage done. Harry said it wasn't his fault but Lucca is responsible for it, too. And Harry seems to sense Lucca is embarrassed about the whole thing.

"None saw it coming from him," Harry says, after a long pause. "I reckon it was for the best before everyone started suspecting everyone and... well, at least it wasn't none of us."

"Would you say we have one problem less?" Harry asks.

Lucca snorts. "Umbridge isn't ready to survive this hell of school, bet on that."

Fred and George fireworks continue to engage chaos through the rest of the day. Lucca can see the silent enjoyment of the professors, who have no issue in deliver their lessons, everytime a random enchanted firework enters the classroom.

Umbridge's first day as a headmistress turns out to be more complicated than she anticipated.

Lucca never had so much fun while watching someone struggle.

However, Lucca's mood rapidly switches when Padma approaches during dinner. She is visibly agitated at the idea of the O.W.Ls drawing closer and closer.

"And you don't care!" she says, fanning her face with her Charms notes. "You are just sitting there, eating!"

Samuel scowls at her. "What's your problem with food?"

"We are wasting time, we are wasting time," she repeats, abruptly standing up. "I'll be in the library if you need me —"

They hesitate to follow her for many reasons; the first one, "the O.W.Ls is the least thing I want to think about," Aurora says. "But she's my best friend and she hasn't eaten dinner."