CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

While picking up his quill and tapping it in the ink bottle, Lucca catches Harry staring at him. He quirks his brow, waiting, but Harry stays silent. He blinks, eyes searching Lucca's face as a goofy grin appears in his lips.

Lucca scowls, his foot kicking Harry's shin under the table. Harry doesn't hesitate to kick him back, though, he doesn't apply the same strength.

"Blimey, Lucca. What was that for?"

Lucca shrugs, returning to his essay. "Impure thoughts."

"I wasn't thinking about that," Harry pauses, then he look around the library and smirks, coming closer to Lucca. "Unless you want to —"

"I'd rather finish this before my head explodes," Lucca replies dryly. "I don't know when Transfigurations turned into a physics class, aren't we suppose to defy all these logics?"

"In that case, I suggest we take a quick break. You're the smart one," Harry says, pushing the book far from him. "Maybe we could —"

Lucca grunts. "I'm not sucking you off."

Harry raises his hands. "I didn't say anything yet!"

Lucca flicks his wand over his notes, drying the ink, and crosses his arms. He looks at his boyfriend. Harry is smiling widely, fake innocence all over his face. Lucca hates how much he loves the way Harry's eyes wrinkle and a tiny hint of a dimple appears. Lucca sighs, defeated. He can't actually be upset when Harry is around. No matter how tiring and shitty the week was, Lucca has been unfairly grumpy around Harry. He hasn't said anything, respecting his space after the notice of Hannah's mother being murdered. Yet, Lucca hasn't said anything either. Lately, his words are limited and Harry doesn't push him to speak. He likes that.

"What were you thinking?" he asks.

Harry extends his hands across the table to hold Lucca's. "Our anniversary. It was two days ago and we didn't do anything to celebrate."

Lucca wrinkles his nose. They did celebrate, sort of, there was an exchange of gifts — Harry got him a snow globe with a replica of Venus inside meanwhile Lucca gave him a lion plushie wrapped in a Ravenclaw scarf —. Then, they spent the night at Harry's room, yet nothing interesting happened besides sleeping and an early morning in which Harry had to walk Lucca to his common room.

"We slept in your room," Lucca whispers.

"It doesn't count, we were interrupted and I reckon Dean is suspicious that you're sneaking in. We should do something else, in private, just the two of us," Lucca narrows his eyes at him. "It's not an excuse to have sex again, though, it wouldn't mind if we repeat —"

"What are your ideas?"

Harry just grins, shrugging. "Dunno. Maybe fly around? This weekend? Or have supper down in the kitchens? Or, well, there's the Room of Requirement. I could ask Dobby to deliver something for us there."

Lucca internally melts. Harry is probably suggesting all these date ideas because Lucca l is a hopeless romantic and Harry does his best to full fill his fairy-tale wishes.

"Oh. I like the sound of that."

"And it would be just the two of us."

Lucca sighs, nodding. He sort of wants to be with Harry without people around them. Privacy is an unrealistic privilege at Hogwarts. The Room of Requirement is constantly taken by someone and when it is available, a little girl is there before them, waiting for her friend. Their own rooms are a huge no. It wasn't just two days ago, as Harry said, that they were snogging when Neville and Seamus walked in talking about Charms' homework and it killed the mood. Lucca isn't suggesting his own room as things are quite tense in his group of friends — Aurora isn't talking to him, Padma isn't talking to Terry (god knows why) and Samuel is ignoring everyone to avoid conflict. Moreover, students are always following Harry with their eyes and kissing in shadowy corridors or empty classrooms are followed by interruptions.