CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

Lucca doesn't return to Hogwarts until Tuesday evening.

Most of the Ravenclaws are down in the Great Hall. The few students around, though, don't mind to stare at him as he drags his feet into his room. Lucca tries to conceal his own pain, Pandora's punishment went too far. Her reaction at Milan's state and the fact Harry told William his suspicions on Draco Malfoy didn't help the situation. His family, his father included, told Lucca to stay away from Harry.

Of course, Lucca stood his ground and received his punishment until he passed out.

Venice healed his wounds but the burning sensation of Pandora's magic still lingers on his skin, roaming dangerously on the cuts of his back. Before, Lucca could barely feel the traces of her magic, but now, he is too overwhelmed with everything. His senses are high alert and the possibility to close his eyes for decent sleep seem impossible.

Lucca has always been terrified of his grandparents. This time is different because he knows the consequences of his actions. He has no curse to be excused. On one hand, it feels wonderful to go against his family for the first time, he is still working on his bravery but it is there. On the other hand, Lucca is scared to return home for the winter break.

"If you don't end this little show with Potter by Christmas, we're taking matters into our own hands," said Pandora. "And we both know our methods are far from friendly."

It was a clear threat. Pandora is capable of everything to clear her board of obstacles and win the game.

Once he reaches his bed, changing into his pyjamas and snuggling under the covers. Lucca closes his eyes for what it seems like a moment. He isn't sure if he feel asleep or if he blinked, but a movement on his bed alerts him. Lucca sits at once, drawing his wand only to be faced by a floating head. Harry gapes at him, glasses askew and hair beyond human hope as usual.

"Harry?"

"Hi."

To be honest, Harry was the last person he thought he would see. Lucca planned his return to the castle to be quiet as possible.

"What are you doing here?" Lucca asks. "And how did you get in?"

Maybe he is too distant, maybe he is acting odd. But Harry doesn't seem to mind. He drops off his cloak and sits at the edge of his bed.

"I've been waiting for you," he says, kicking off his shoes. "With the map. I was worried by it took you so long to come back."

Harry knows why it took Lucca so long to come back. He has seen his scars, all of them, even the ones his friends have no idea about.

Lucca slowly snuggles inside the covers, making room for Harry. "That doesn't explain how you got in."

"I sorted out a riddle," he says with a small smile. "Without help."

"That's hot."

"Maybe your Ravenclaw-ish is finally rubbing into me."

Lucca laughs, genuinely amused. He watches how Harry closes the curtains around his bed and finally lies down next to him. Its dark in there, he can't properly see his face to know what thoughts are crossing his mind, but Harry's hands are moving over his body, pulling him close, and embracing him. Lucca sighs, nuzzling on his neck, and letting Harry touch him. Harry doesn't need long speeches or say he knows how he feels because Harry has never been great with words. He just needs to be there and all the worries vanish as if there wasn't a trouble in the first place.

He has no idea how is it possible. Maybe it's part of his charm, maybe his touch is so magical it makes Lucca's head go all fussy to the point he can only think is Harry, Harry, Harry and Harry.