CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

"Oh Harry," Terry gasps, dramatically. "I know my sex appeal must be thrilling for you but... You have a boyfriend, which happens to be my best friend — it's forbidden love, honey."

Harry looks over at Lucca, who is pointing his wand at them and not finding the situation funny like the rest of the sixth years standing in the Charms corridor.

"Please, get me out of here," Harry pleads when Terrence emits more obnoxious kissing sounds. "LUCCA!"

"Terrence," Lucca hisses, "keep your mouth and hands away from him."

The vines of the charmed mistletoe wrap Terry and Harry tighter. Lucca growls, annoyed, and aims a third counter spell to set them free. Once again, as Terry wiggles his brows and Harry throws his head back, an explosion of glittery gold petals fall over them. The audience lets out 'ooh's and 'aah's fascinated by the charms work of the mistletoe. The Gryffindor boy who set the mistletoe is rubbing his hands together, anxiously eyeing Lucca and waiting for the right moment to scape. Lucca won't let him get away that easily, the depraved boy. If he could just cut him in million pieces and feed the thestrals.

"It's just a kiss," says Lottie, standing in between Lucca and Ron, enjoying the show. "Let them kiss so we can go to class."

"Terrence won't kiss my boyfriend."

"I won't kiss Terry."

"I am not that bad, you know," Terry defends himself. "Maybe if you just — FUCK!"

A small sting jinx hits Terry's hand. Lucca shrugs innocently when Terry screams, "That was uncalled for, Lucca!"

He hisses at the pain and whirls them around, using Harry as a shield, almost making themselves trip with their own foot. Ron laughs louder when more students come nearer to enjoy the show.

"Maybe the counter s-spell is on the box," utters the boy who chucked the mistletoe in Harry's direction. Lucca gives him one look and the boy squeaks. "I c-can send someone to f-fetch the box for me!"

"Do that and I will shove it up your —"

"LUCCA!"

A group of second years emerge from the classroom, halting to see the scene unfolding in front of them. For the outsiders, it must be funny to see Harry and Terry tangled together in vines from a floating mistletoe which emits glitter and smoke and signs carols. For Lucca, this is torture.

He should have seen it coming, shouldn't he?

The victory against Slytherin only motivated the Gryffindors to chase after Harry as if he is the most valuable golden snitch (which, he can be but Lucca has found him first and he won't let him go any time soon). And with the Slug Club Christmas party rumours wandering amidst the student body, Lucca not only has to deal with Gryffindors but Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws, too. Half of the school decided to drop the friendliness and make their move on Harry, ignoring the fact Lucca is there. This isn't the first magical mistletoe Lucca sees in the week (Lucca can smell them from miles away) but it is the first one to succeed — well, not really. Lucca has never seen such a bad aim until now and he is friends with Padma Patil.

Lottie folds her arms on her chest, bored. "It's just a kiss —"

"NO."

Professor Flitwick only needs to cast two more spells to set them free. He says there is no need of punishment for Nicholas Bennet as it was just a harmless prank. Lucca disagrees even though Harry tells him to forget it. Lucca can't drop the discussion when, on their way to Potions the next day, another mistletoe appears in thin air.