CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Lucca slept less than three hours, hadn't finished his Charms homework and he ran out of hair potion, so his hair is quite a mess. Yet, Lucca can't stop smiling. When he closes his eyes he can sense Harry's lips brushing against his. It's like a constant daydream.

"Are you even listening to me?"

Lucca blinks at Aurora. "Sorry, what?"

"I was asking if you are done copying my homework," Aurora says, frowning. "Are you feeling alright, Lucca? You're more distracted than usual."

"I'm fine. Just sleepy."

"Where have you been last night?" Terry asks. "I woke up and you weren't in your bed."

Lucca shrugs, scribbling on his parchment. He isn't sure why he doesn't tell his friends about Harry right away. Maybe it's because he fears their reactions or maybe Harry doesn't want him to go around telling people they are together. He should have asked that before Harry left but they didn't have time to talk, exactly, and Lucca doesn't complain. Harry's kisses are addictive.

"I was in the common room until late, the Poetry Club is planning a presentation," says Lucca, waiting for Aurora to get distracted with that.

Thankfully, it works. She beams, turning to Terry, saying, "you need to listen to them! The other day the topic was about childhood memories and Henrietta Thistle recited something about her grandma's baked biscuits..."

Lucca finishes his Charms homework in peace as Terry and Aurora talk about poetry. He takes a bite of his toast before starting to read the Transfiguration annotations he wrote when the shrilling voice of Angelina Johnson echoes in the Great Hall, alarming everyone.

"Huh," Samuel leans to Lucca, "it seems a captain thing to scream a lot and boss your team around, doesn't it?"

Lucca rolls his eyes and watches Professor McGonagall rush from the staff to the Gryffindor table. Lucca tilts his head to see the Transfiguration teacher turning to Harry and telling him something before going back to her table.

At once, the Ravenclaws look over the House hourglasses and see the rubies vanish. Lucca thinks it's the first time Ravenclaw is ahead of Gryffindor in a while.

"And when we win the cup," Aurora starts muttering, excitedly, "it's going to rain sapphires!"

"Gryffindors scare me," says Samuel quietly.

"Yes, but you gotta admit they are hot," says Terry. "Even more when they are angry. I would just mess around with them to get yelled at."

"No," Lucca and Aurora say at once, sending a warning look to Terry.

"Don't even think about causing trouble to the Gryffindors," says Aurora.

"Yeah, mate," Lucca says. "They get offended quite easily, and they are hot tempered and resentful."

"Are we?"

Lucca freezes on his seat and slowly turns to face Harry, smiling innocently. "Good morning, Harry. You look lovely today."

Ignoring Aurora's fake gag and Terry and Samuel giggling, Lucca makes space for Harry to sit with them.

Luna glaces up from her magazine. "Why Angelina Johnson yelled at you?" she asks, without missing a beat. Harry blinks and looks at Lucca, confused by Luna's bluntness but Lucca shrugs, he is too used to it to care.

"I got detention with Umbridge again," Harry says, slowly.

"Ah," Luna nods, understanding. "She is quite an evil woman, isn't she? Little evil toad face woman," and she returns to read the Quidditch magazine Lucca lent her earlier.