CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Monday morning begins with Milan slamming the Daily Prophet on the table, Aurora and Terry stop their bickering at once, looking at her. Lucca and Samuel lean over Terry's shoulder to read the article.

"So Fudge sent her here, he forced her to come," says Aurora. "High Inquisitor... I can't believe it."

"I want to laugh at about how stupid Fudge is being, but if he continues to interfere here rather than moving outside, You-Know-Who is going to take over the Ministry sooner than later," says Milan, almost growling.

"Do you think she will make it until the end of the year?" Samuel asks. "Everyone knows the position is cursed."

"Or with a tragic end. I'm praying to the stars to send her away, get lost in the woods or something," says Lucca, leaving his toast aside. His appetite is now gone. "I'd be careful from now on, Umbridge is bad. I don't trust her."

Luna, who is cutting a Prophet for her scrapbook, nods, saying. "I get very bad energy from her. I don't like her methods, at all."

"Also, Venice sent a letter," Milan says and gives him a piece of parchment.

Dear Milan and Lucca,

Thank you both for the birthday wishes. The boots fit me perfectly, I found them extremely comfortable so there is no doubt I'll give them a good use. I had a busy day at the Auror Academy but Aunt Celia invited me to lunch and gave me a new wand holder for the duelling lessons. After that, Mum and Dad took me to muggle London to buy clothes, then we had dinner at a fancy restaurant. Just the three of us. It was weird to not have the two of you there, I realised it was the first birthday I celebrated without you. I felt a little bit lonely, to be honest, and I miss you loads.

I went out to celebrate with Juliette and Morgan, Fleur joined us. And on Sunday I had a lovely lunch with our lovely grandparents. They advised me more about training, which is still tiring and demanding but I'm enjoying it thanks to them. I suggest you both should listen to their advice if you care enough about your future careers. And for that, sacrifices are to be made, and by sacrifices I mean to cut all relationships with those who may affect your image and what our family has built. Word travels fast, so there is no reason to try and hide, I will eventually know what you are up to. Or, as Abuelita Nora used to say, un pajarito me lo ha contado.

And, speaking of little birds, I joined a photography club. It's muggle and we're less than five members. Nevertheless, it isn't an issue to work together. I attached some pictures of the birds we photographed at the park the previous week. As you can see, I found some lovely northern cardinals and american goldfinches, both beautiful and unique for their bright colours. Here is a fun fact about them: both are loyal to the core and they will protect their nest no matter what. Wonderful how much feeling something so little can have, right? Animals are incredible. It saddens me how mean people can be towards them. Especially birds, such small creatures capable of producing beautiful melodies worth listening to.

Write soon if you need anything, I will lend you my notes for your classes if necessary.

Love, Venice.

When Lucca finishes reading it, he looks at Milan.

"Is Venice feeling quite alright?" Venice would never call their grandparents lovely nor admit their advice is effective. She hates them. Well, they all hate them. Pandora and Preston are far from the lovely grandparents who will sit with them and chat about life.