CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Heads of house elves aren't the kind of fashion Lucca likes nor portraits of an ugly version of his grandmother shouting at his face. Walburga attempting to get out of the frame to murder them is a new trauma in Lucca's list.

"This place is hideous," he whispers to his mother when he arrives at the kitchen. Venice and William look at him, frowning. "I want to go."

"We talked about this," his father says. "It is better for you to stay here with Milan."

"I will stay in my room and don't go outside, I promise, but please I don't want to stay here."

William shakes his head, firmly. "Lucca, this is a serious matter. You can't decide over this. I can't decide over this — if it was for me, we wouldn't be staying in England at all."

Lucca knows this but it doesn't mean he is alright with their decision.

"I can go —"

"No," William says. "The Ministry has eyes on us now. They don't know you are here, only Venice to start her training — I'm sorry, Dumbledore wants it this way."

"Besides," Venice jumps in the conversation, "you won't have Pandora or Preston on your back for the rest of the summer," she says and Lucca gives her points for that.

"Do you think this is safe for us?" Lucca asks.

William's eyes, usually cold as ice, soften a bit. "I just want to protect you. Even if you don't see it that way, I care about your safety."

However, Lucca feels unsafe to stay there. Milan isn't either, she is anxiously looking everywhere and hiding her hands. They are more exposed than ever. Hermione and Ron suspect they are there for a reason and the rest of the Order probably knows but he suspects there is something else his parents aren't telling him.

"William, you take my shift," says Celia, appearing behind them. "I'll take Venice home."

William opens his eyes wide. "But I want to be with Frankie —"

"I don't care," she states. "Your daughter wants to sleep. We'll have a long day tomorrow. You take my shift."

It's their cue to say goodbye. Milan hugs Venice tightly, whispering how much she will miss her. Francesca does the same, promising to visit her as much as possible and when it's Lucca's turn he doesn't know what to say. It's going to be weird to not have Venice near him anymore, he will miss her.

"Hey," Venice grins at him, nuding his side. "Don't be so sad. You'll have time with your boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" William asks, sternly. "Lucca has a boyfriend?"

Milan and Cedric snort, looking away.

Lucca shakes his head. "No —"

"He's right there," Venice tilts her head, pointing across the room where Harry is talking with Sirius. "The famous Harry Potter."

Lucca flushes red when his father opens his eyes wide, turning to Francesca. "Is that the Harry....?" and to Lucca's surprise, his auntie nods, giggling.

"Stop looking at him!" Lucca hisses, tugging at his father's and mother's robes. "You'll make him uncomfortable — Venice, stop staring!"

"We should say hi," says William and Lucca at once holds him back, Venice seems to agree but Francesca gives them both a stern look. "Or no..."

Francesca orders them to set the table while he walks Venice, Celia and William to the door.

Dinner goes awkwardly quiet the first minutes after Fred and George dropped everything on the table and made a mess, and then Mrs. Weasley enters in a state of sadness at the mention of Percy Weasley. With an exchange of looks, Milan and Lucca confirm they will try to find out. Venice and Percy became close when they were both prefects. Lucca isn't sure if they are friends these days, he will let Milan find out about it.