CHAPTER THIRTY

The reconciliation of Padma and Aurora is enough for Lucca to forget the mess he has with his Quidditch team. He is just too happy to see all his friends together that when Saturday morning arrives and Harry walks him to the pitch, he is so close to tell him to go away — he doesn't want Harry to see his humiliation, even though he probably heard about it.

"Are you going to watch the practice?" Lucca asks, halting before they enter the pitch.

Harry shrugs. "If you don't mind. I can always go with Ron and Hermione."

Lucca thinks it through. He doesn't want Harry to make fun of his lack of authority over his team nor him to notice the lack of members. But at the same time, the idea of Harry wanting to watch him play warms his heart.

"I'm not sure if I trust you enough to see my work," he says, acting mysterious. Harry quirks a brow, grinning. "You can always tell Angelina and I can't allow that."

"But I don't need to watch it to get all the information from you," Harry says, pulling Lucca closer by his waist. Lucca smirks, shaking his own head, but he can't hide the blush on his cheeks. Harry pulls him down for a kiss and Lucca melts in his embrace.

When Lucca imagined himself in a situation similar to this, he never thought Harry would be demanding. He always thought Harry was the shy sort, more awkward about showing affection in public. Lucca is glad to be wrong. Harry has been nothing but a dear these first days of them officially together, not many things changed between them, and Lucca can see Harry turning more comfortable and confident while kissing.

"Will you tell me your evil schemes against Gryffindor now?" Harry asks between short kisses.

Lucca laughs. "Ha! Funny you think I'll give away my tactics with a few kisses"

"It was worth a try," he says and finally pulls away to look at him. "Have lunch with me?"

"Gryffindor table?"

"Sure."

Lucca kisses Harry one last time before rushing to the pitch, expecting to see at least Cho.

To his surprise, Cho isn't there yet, but Terry is hugging a small brunette by her shoulders, a smug grin on his face.

"Got you a beater," says Terry. "Rory went to get the other one."

Lucca stares down at Elizabeth Harding. She is one of Aurora's and Padma's roommates. They probably exchanged two words in the whole years they have been together in the same classes and same house, but Aurora says Elizabeth is alright just too shy. Lucca can see it when she avoids his eyes, focusing on her own gloves.

"You didn't come to the try-outs," Lucca points out.

"I already made plans to help Neville with his homework," she says, shrugging. "Then... Terry told Lottie what happened and Lottie told me. She said I should give it a try, if that's alright with you, of course."

Terry laughs, in delight, and says. "My girl really knows how to convince everyone."

Lucca beams, surprised to have someone interested in playing. "Wait, your girl?"

"Ah," Terry dramatically sighs, still hugging Elizabeth by her shoulders, "if you weren't snogging Potter all day, you would have known Lottie and I are seeing each other."

"Lottie? As in Charlotte McCarthy? From Hufflepuff?"

"Yes," says Elizabeth, loyally. "My best friend."

Lucca nods, keeping his thoughts to himself. McCarthy isn't a bad girl but he is terrified of her, but if Terry is happy, so is Lucca.

"We're here!"