CHAPTER TWELVE

Lucca can't sleep at night. His mind is buzzing in tons of subjects at the same time. He has a lot to think about and no time to do so. After finding the gillyweed, he couldn't find Harry and, disappointed in himself, decides to wait in the morning outside the Gryffindor common room. However, Lucca can't close his eyes and try to relax and sleep. He just can't and it drives him mad. He thinks about Harry, the possibilities of someone hurting him under the lake while the audience and judges are on the ground.

Healer Moegelin was clear when she said Lucca needs a proper sleep. Eight hours straight and have the four meals to keep gaining strength and delete the last piece of magic in his brain.

Lucca wants to recover completely now that he isn't having weird dreams or visions. At some point, his brain gives up and he closes his eyes.

Lucca sleeps a few hours before waking up in a jolt. Terry is shaking him, saying he will miss breakfast and the second task if he doesn't hurry up. Lucca practically jumps out of bed and changes into his clothes without checking them twice, he brushes his teeth and storms out of the common room. Terry and Samuel watch him go and decide to let it pass, not questioning his weird behaviour.

The first thing he sees when arrives at the entrance hall is Neville walking down for breakfast with Seamus and Dean. Lucca calls his name.

"Oh, Lucca," Neville says, surprised as Lucca stops in front of them, catching air and holding the side of his ribs. He isn't a fan of running after all.

"Are you alright?" Dean Thomas asks.

"Yes, yes. Here," he extends the book and Neville takes it. "I took it by accident, sorry – have you seen Harry?"

The three boys are taken aback by how desperate he sounds.

"Nop, he and Ron weren't in the dorm last night," says Seamus. "Or in the morning, I think they didn't sleep at all there."

Lucca nods, finding it odd but manages to thank them before turning around and crushing onto Venice. His sister raises her eyebrows, suspiciously. Lucca curses under his breath.

"What is going on?"

"I need to find Harry."

"Oh, you're looking for him too? Percy Weasley sent me to see if I can find him. Seems they are recruiting the champions now," Venice says with a frown. "That tosser... Who the hell thinks he is? Bossing me around as if we aren't the same age?"

"What? What time is it?"

"Five past nine, why?"

"And the task is?"

"Nine thirty," Venice checks her watch twice, nodding. "I will see Fleur and wish her good luck. If you see Potter, tell him they are waiting for him."

Lucca takes off to the library, ignoring the odd looks from the other students, many of them already walking to the lake to watch the second task.

Madam Pince gives him an odd look when he enters the library, hissing at his heavy breath. He starts looking in the sector where they have been meeting, checking his watch every time and feeling the gillyweed heavy in his pocket. The time seems to be passing faster because he only has ten minutes to find Harry and drag him to where the judges are.

"Dobby must poke Harry Potter, sir, he must wake up!"

Lucca whirls in the direction a squeaky voice comes, he rushes to behind one shelf to see Dobby, the house elf, poking Harry's in the side. The elf jumps when Lucca kneels behind him and shakes Harry, hearing him babbling in his sleep.