CHAPTER EIGHT

Lucca drops his spoon. He can't eat when his stomach is a revolution of dragons spitting fire.

Hermione said he should try inviting him to the Yule Ball. But Lucca doesn't know how Harry will react.

"Is that a new way of eating toast?" Luna sits graciously next to him, showing a big smile. "You look dreadful, Lucca."

Padma and Terry choke in their drinks, laughing quietly.

Terry has been a pain in the arse since Lucca stormed away, offended and jealous. He still hasn't admitted it out loud. He is not talking to his friends.

"Do I?"

"But your hair is still splendid."

Lucca smiles kindly at Luna and sighs, "I'm having trouble finding a date."

"Oh, did Harry turn you down?"

Terry and Padma burst in a fit of giggles. Lucca groans.

"You know too?"

"I thought it was a game," she says, picking an orange and starting to peel it. "Between you two, trying to use telepathy to communicate. Always staring at each other and such..."

"I'm not quite following."

"That's okay. Wrackspurts can be annoying."

"Wrackspurts?" Lucca tilts his head, more confused than before.

Luna nods, humming a song he doesn't know. When he is about to ask more about them, Parvati clears her throat, announcing her presence. They look at her.

"Boot."

"Brave Patil," he replies, confused. "Are you here to punch me?"

"No."

"Hex me?"

"No."

Padma and Lucca exchange a look, amused at this interaction. Parvati stands boldly in front of Terrence, Lavender giggling behind her. Terry looks absolutely terrified. It's known they don't have the best terms since Terry accidentally glued her to her chair.

"Why are you here?" Terry asks.

"Would you go to the dance with me?"

"Me?" Terry points at himself, accidentally dropping his spoon. "You are asking me, right?"

"Yes, you."

Terry opens his mouth in awe, pointing at himself several times before he laughs. "Is this a joke?"

"It is not a joke."

Lucca decides to stand up and see if it is the right moment to ask Lavender, maybe they can go as friends since Padma is waiting for Dean Thomas to ask her out.

Yet, Terry's answer surprised Lucca.

"I'd love to but someone else already asked me," he says.

Parvati and Lavender open their eyes like two galleons, surprise washing their faces. But none is more shocked by the news than Padma, who slowly blinks, pressing her lips in a thin line.

"Who asked you?" Parvati says, sending a glare to her twin. Padma looks equally furious. Lucca is confused. The previous day Terry admitted he didn't have a date, how and when did he get one without Lucca and Padma knowing?

"Aurora asked," Terry says. "I said yes."

"Are you taking the piss?"

"Why is it hard to believe?" Aurora says passing by, she grins widely to the pair of girls.