Derek(40)

"Boys, you know how I told you that you have a second dad?" I asked the boys we had dinner.

Vince and I thought it would be a good idea to tell the boys over dinner.

Instead of eating, Vince was cutting Ares's grilled fish in smaller pieces right after he did Dimitri's.
I could tell Rion was antsy and very careful around Vincent.
Which was why he didn't want Vince to cut his fish but let me.

I could tell Vincenzo didn't like that but he'd have to be more patient if he wanted the trust of my youngest boy.

"Yeah" Ares and Dimitri says in unison while Rion just stared silently as he chewed his vegetables.

"Well,Vincent is your other dad" I said and Ares and Dimitri smiled and started talking about how they'd always wanted a second dad.
Vincent asked them questions about themselves,what they liked while I glanced at Rion as he just ate silently.

"Rion?do you have any questions for your father?" Rion looked up,his gray orbs shining with curiosity.

"Yeah. Why is it that you just showed up after 5 years?" Silence was heard,as Ares and Dimitri also nodded being the curious ones they are.

"Well,you know how couples have their ups and downs. Your papa and I were going through the same thing too. I got into...an accident and when I woke up I couldn't remember your papa or ever staying in America. The last thing I remembered was boarding the private jet with my parents and that was it but when I met your papa again in the meeting today, I remember it all" Vincent explained as Rion,Ares and Dimitri nodded in understanding.

Dinner turned out quite the polar opposite of what I thought

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Vincent wanted to put the boys in bed after he helped me shower them.
Rion still wasn't that trusting towards his father so during bath time,he only allowed me to wash him instead of Vincent who looked like he wanted to punch something so hard when he saw his own son flinching from when he wanted to help Rion out of his chair after dinner and dessert.

After that,Vince kinda got the memo and left Rion alone. Just watched his son from afar.

I helped Rion in bed as I tucked him in and kissed his head.

"Good night. I love you buddy" I said as he yawned tiredly.

"I love you too papa" he says and turned to his left sleeping like a starfish just like Vincenzo making me chuckle as I pecked his head.

Cenzo stood by Rions bedside and stared at the boy as I stood up tucking him nicely before I kissed Ares and Dimitri goodnight.

We walked out after Vincenzo lightly kissed Rions curls. His lingering there for a few seconds before he pulled away and pulled the paw patrol duvet till his neck.

"I love you more Rion" he whispered as he stood up and we walked out,I switched off the lights