Derek(53)

My phone rings as I pick it up.

Its been exactly 2 weeks since Vince came back into my life.
He has been nothing but the best father for the boys.
They absolutely love him.

I pick up the call frowning when I see it was a private number.

"Derek Lakewood speaking" I answered in my business monotone.

"Hello Derek. Its Alec. Vince's father" I am shocked. Why is he calling me?I mean,he could call anyone else, not that I'm complaining or anything. Its just----

"Hello?Derek,are you there?" He asks again.

"Um...yeah. Yeah,I'm here sir. Vince just left, took the boys out for ice cream. They should be back anytime soon n--" I don't finish my sentence when guns fire all over the penthouse as I duck under the couch.

"Hello?Derek?!Derek?!can you hear me?!what's going on?!" He asks in panic as shots are fired through the walls.

Today,I had decided to work from home. The boys just went out for ice cream with their father.

I crawl over to the exit area where there's a hidden elevator when the door burst open.
"Tell the boys and Vince that I love them" I said and don't wait as he protests not to hang up.

"No!Derek!please do--" I hung up.

Someone grabs me by the collar as they punch me across the face and I feel my ears ring.
Fuck!he's wearing that metal thing on his fingers.

I crawl away from him attempting to get outve here when he picks me up by the collar and head buds me making my lights go out as I collapsed into darkness.